Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Just a Bobbed Hilux for FUN!

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Oh How Original
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★
      neilus wrote:
      Oh How Original wrote:
      I’m sorry Bill…. I always said his green Hilux was, for me, the nicest I’d ever seen.
      This is now the nicest, not by much, owing to Bills amazing building skills too.
      But for my taste, this is just perfect.
      My mouse is itching and my finger is twitching over the buy button for another TF2.
      Not that it would ever be on this level, I have the urge to build!!

Wow, thanks very much. Bill sure did some nice builds. Can’t comment on the tf2, but the RC4WD Hilux body is fantastic!

I’ve looked at other offerings, but don’t think my budget will stretch to an all out custom build unfortunately.
      I loved working with the Hilux body though, I did get annoyed having 4 screws everytime I wanted to change battery, although I had a 5000 in mine, so only had to change it once a day lol.
      Got some cogs going anyway ::lolz

toyolien
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★
        neilus wrote:
        Oh How Original wrote:
        I’m sorry Bill…. I always said his green Hilux was, for me, the nicest I’d ever seen. This is now the nicest, not by much, owing to Bills amazing building skills too. But for my taste, this is just perfect. My mouse is itching and my finger is twitching over the buy button for another TF2. Not that it would ever be on this level, I have the urge to build!!

Wow, thanks very much. Bill sure did some nice builds. Can’t comment on the tf2, but the RC4WD Hilux body is fantastic!

I’ve looked at other offerings, but don’t think my budget will stretch to an all out custom build unfortunately. I loved working with the Hilux body though, I did get annoyed having 4 screws everytime I wanted to change battery, although I had a 5000 in mine, so only had to change it once a day lol. Got some cogs going anyway ::lolz

Sorry I missed this comment. Thank you very much, that means a lot.

toyolien
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

I’ve not done an update on this truck since the UK Scale Nationals last year. I’ve just been running it, and it’s great. The only thing I’ve changed is some thicker shock oil as the suspension action was a little to fast/unpredictable.

And, I’ve just treated it to some new wheels and tires. These are Boom Racing 16 hole steelies, Boom Racing dual stage foams and one of my favourite tires. Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcores.

Here’s some pics.

toyolien
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

A few weeks ago Chris at GCM Racing posted up a pic on Instagram of their scale transmission fitted into a Skeleton chassis. I had thought about stripping this Hilux and using the chassis on a Class 2 Jeep and adding a GCM transmission into the mix. So, Chris kindly allowed me to try a fitting kit to get it in to my Skeleton. However, I just couldn’t let go of my first Hilux build so I decided to rebuild that for the G6 in May, instead. I guess I just prefer smaller tires…

Here’s is GCM’s skid and transmission mounts. The scale transmission sits nice and low.

And there is just enough clearance for the front drive shaft.

Added some 4.19” Hyraxes on some cheapy eBay wheels.

I had to modify the original interior I built a little to clear the transmission.

I also had to find an alternative method of fixing the interior in as originally I used the old Skeleton skid to fix it to.

I’ve just got to finish up the wiring at this one will be ready. Then I need to concentrate on getting my other Hilux ready….

Sysop
            Retrocosm
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Love those tyres on those wheels, that’s going to be quite a performer, looking good.  I wish GCM would release that mount kit, I have a skeleton chassis waiting.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

toyolien
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

Thanks. A couple of weeks after they posted pics up of the kit they announced the Delta chassis. I wonder if they’ve changed the plan and really the Delta will be a replacement for Skeleton.

Sysop
                Retrocosm
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

Are the mounts plastic?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

toyolien
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

They are 3d printed nylon. Must admit I’m not that much of a fan of 3d printed stuff be they seem to be up to the job. The skid is a little flimsy but i think will be ok. My only negative is that the lower links need to be straight for clearance. I’ve always liked triangulated links so we’ll see how it performs once it’s done i guess.

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.