Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds My Boys CC01’s

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Bill
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

Cheers guys. The pinion Gaz is 16 now but the motor plate only has two options
      16 and 20.

I hate the esc though, think I mentioned that other once before that brakes before reversing, chuffing hate them, except when racing when its essential.

Anonymous
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

if your planning on ditching it mate, save it for me, ill have it off you B)

EDIT, esc i mean mate B)

steviedee
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

thats looks great bill, i want my cc01 back now :whistle:

Bill
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Cheers Steeve, Gaz I’ve got a 104 and a 101, say a tenner each if you want.

Bill
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Does anyone have the time before the nats to knock 2 sets of metal bumpers and sliders for my Cc01’s.
              Need to be like the ones in the picture. The rear will be equal but have a vertical tyre mount instead.
              Very basic but need to be crisp. I can work out dimensions once someone’s on board.
              Cheers.

abce785e3897b042c1aaf9ffcff9e583.jpg

Sliders would be something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JV-Shop-TAMIYA-CC01-PAJERO-Aluminium-board-1pair?item=271067362107&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2333960584088183697#ht_500wt_689

Tonysmini
                • Scaling Like A Pro
                • ★★★★★

Bill, I run mine with an LRP 7.2v Truck Puller motor (80t I think) and the 16t pinion, it goes at a brisk walking pace at full pelt, but doesn’t stop for anything.

I’d get the alloy motor mount too, it still only gives you two options but it doesn’t flex like the plastic one can.

Anonymous
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

ill take the 104 then please mate. B)

i can do you your metal work mate, but i would need the chassis and shell to work from unless you can do me some tech drawings with full measurements etc.

Bill
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

Cheers Tony I’m going to pop an mtronics esc in too, getting the drag how I’m used to.

Gaz ok mate ill bring it too the nats for ya, I’ve got a second brand new 104 too if you wanted two of them.
                    Ill draw you up some diagrams mate, can you pm me your email when you get chance. I’ll either do it tonight or tomorrow night.

B)

Anonymous
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★

sounds good to me mate and pm coming your way…… B)

Bill
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

A tad confused. I bought the red bronco last week fully built.
                        Now I’m also building another new out of the box.
                        The prebuilt one Was originally a land cruiser.
                        It has the wheelbase extenders fitted.
                        The one I’m building doesn’t say to fit them.
                        So although on the red prebuilt the wheelbase looks good, is infanct too long????

SARGE
                          • Scaling Like A Pro
                          • ★★★★★

Hi Bill

Just checked my new built Bronco, no chassis extenders and the body fits the wheelbase spot on.

Have the holes in the body been drilled differentlY to standard? Maybe the body was moved a lIttle to match up with the bigger wheels?

One point on the body, the front if my Bronco body sits nearly flush on top of the bumper, you said you had to raise the bumper on yours so I guess the body does indeed sit higher to accommodate the bigger diameter wheels.

If you need any more info just ask!

Andy

Anonymous
                            • Scale Off Road Pro
                            • ★★★★★★

That’s strange Bill, it looks spot on to me! The landcruisers wheelbase should be 10″ and the bronco 9.5″ if that helps mate.

Bill
                              • Scale Off Road Pro
                              • ★★★★★★

The prebuilt car Does have the shell sat high for clearance and thats why I raised the bumper.
                              The current extenders are on the least of their 2 positions so about 1/4″ longer.
                              Ill pop it on the one I got from Dale as that’s not got extenders fitted and see tonight.

Hmmmmmmm……..

Bill
                                • Scale Off Road Pro
                                • ★★★★★★

Jeepers I must go on we’re on page 3 for a cc01 build ;)
                                Anyway now had a chance to have a quick look at the wheelbase issue….
                                It looks like my wheelbase on the prebuilt one is wrong, the body is sat too far back on the shell. The chassis extenders then bring the rear wheels to look correct but its the front wheels that are actually too far forward as is.
                                So gonna remove the extenders, move the body posts forward and repost in a bit. Pics below are as I am now.
                                file-21.jpg
                                file-20.jpg

SARGE
                                  • Scaling Like A Pro
                                  • ★★★★★

Yeh, that should sort it mate. Will look great when done. Keep the extenders, you mat need ’em!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.