Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds 1960 Toyota FJ28VA Hardtop

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Fourth Protocol
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

That’s worked really well, they look excellent.

Many thanks. I oscillate between “it’ll do” and “omg it’s terrible”. Ran out of paint but this is how far I got…

Sysop
      Retrocosm
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

What an absolute treat to watch you build this, put it on the chassis already 😉

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

1 user thanked author for this post.
        ScaleAddict
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

I oscillate between “it’ll do” and “omg it’s terrible”. 

It’s terrible…please sent it to me to be disposed correctly 🙂   Seriously, great work

Fourth Protocol
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Thanks both of you.

Finished most of the paint, added some details like canvas roof liner and mesh for the vents in the font of the roof. Painted up Stinky Pete and cut out the Mk. IV chassis.

The body still sits too high in front in this photo, but it was late and I was too tired to go back down for another photo.

Adding electrics next. Hope to have it moving by Sunday…

Sysop
            Retrocosm
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Er, moved, obvs.  Another stunning build fella, the detail, work and love you put into this are truly inspirational.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Fourth Protocol
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

Er, moved, obvs. Another stunning build fella, the detail, work and love you put into this are truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us.

At a loss for words ? Thank you ? There’s so much on this truck that’s not accurate ?

Got it running on the weekend.

Got manifolds in already, as well as fuel pump and air filter. Painting the engine up tonight if I can and then there’s just lights and final assembly. Cutting it fine. Flying to Florida on Tuesday morning. Ms. Protocol ripped tendons in her knee skiing so I’m babysitting a grownup which eats into build time…

Still at a loss for words Charlie. Thanks again for moving the build here.

Fourth Protocol
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

Got as far as I’m going to go with it until after USTE.

The steering wheel is fixed to Stinky Pete’s hand. Makes taking him out for access easier.

The current to-do list, with lots of nice-to-haves missing (are these things ever really finished?).

So there’s still stuff left to do but I’m looking forward to taking a break. Did at least an hour a day (most days at least 2 and sometimes 8 or more) on this for the last four months, except a week over Christmas and another snowboarding in January.

ScaleAddict
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

you make it look easy. congrats

MarkB
                      • Trailing And Scaling
                      • ★★★★

I’ve watched this thread from the start and every time a new post pops up I’m more and more amazed at how good this is, your talent and skills are mind blowing and you must have the patience of a saint to be able to make and scratch build the brilliant details what are in this truck.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

Fourth Protocol
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

you make it look easy. congrats

Thanks. It isn’t though ? 5 months on it now and the motivation to finish is hard ?

I’ve watched this thread from the start and every time a new post pops up I’m more and more amazed at how good this is, your talent and skills are mind blowing and you must have the patience of a saint to be able to make and scratch build the brilliant details what are in this truck.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

Lol thanks. I think anyone can learn this. In fact I just did a talk at USTE on how I do it, including a hands-on bit where attendees built an engine block. Lots of smiles at the end of that talk. May do a repeat at SuperScale in May.

Anyway, update. I was at USTE in Florida last week. It was better than SuperScale, which I’d until then considered to be the best event for tiny trucks. The UK Scale Nationals are, I’m very sorry to say, dire in comparison. The LSTR (London Scale Trail Runners) are orders of magnitude better than the UK G6 or Scale Nationals. What LSTR lacks of course is scope and attendees.

That said, on the way back at the airport in Orlando they asked people to check their carry-on luggage into the hold because full flight. The FJ is super secure in a Pelican case so I volunteered. when I unpacked the FJ I found this:

Not that hard to fix but rather annoying all the same.

ScaleAddict
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

damm…paranoid americans….where’s the roof?

SARGE
                            • Scaling Like A Pro
                            • ★★★★★

Just read all the post, absolutely fantastic build.

The tear in the front seat is brilliant, I’ve never seen that done before!

Sysop
                            Retrocosm
                              • Scale Off Road Pro
                              • ★★★★★★

Sounds as though you had a great time, I’ve seen a few pictures and videos and it looks like a blast. Some of the pictures of the Camel Range Rovers were just unbelievable. Kudos on the styrene course, I’d have found such a thing so nerve-racking.

Can’t believe after all the trouble you went to ensuring that the FJ was secure, they still managed to break it, jeez.

FatFreddy
                                • Looking For Mud

Hi,

new on here and have just read this whole thread…

Gotto say I’m blown away. What an amazing build. Truly next level. Very humbling.

Thanks for sharing it.

The older I get, the better I was.

Stuart
                                  • Looking For Mud

That build is an inspiration, I feel humbled just reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.