Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling What did you do to your model today?

• This topic has 131 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 5 hours ago by ScaleAddict.
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Not today’s work but this is the V8 that will go to the Dragon Slayer buggy shown before

IMG_20191121_204530

Al murrayAl murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

decided it was time to get some work done on the Twin hammers again.. its sat for so long with a blown motor and propshaft..

I quite liked the tyres from my TRx4  Blazer kit so unglued them and stuck a set of SSD D Hole copies on them giving a slightly bigger diameter tyre than the original TH..

Next plan is making some new alloy panels for it.. may start that today

Al..

thwheels

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I fitted an RC4WD delrin low profile skid to my TF2, massive difference to stock, can’t wait to try it out

Original land anchor:

With new skid fitted:

It’s not just lower profile but also designed better to go over things rather than hook up on them!:

Loads better:

Best £27 I’ve spent in a long time

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I dug out my Gelande II, put it back together and finally resolved the driveshaft fouling the transmission by swapping the axles around so the pumpkin is on the other side.  Unfortunately it’s now on the wrong side but at least the ride height resembles something a little more realistic.

I also swapped out the oversized tyres for some 90mm Falken Wildpeaks that I orginally bought for the Range Rover and put some narrower hexes on to decrease the track width.

IMG_4054

IMG_4039

IMG_4015

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’d not seen this one before, looks lovely.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Yuuta83Yuuta83
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Finished the rear bed of my FJ40 with bamboo wood with a dark wax stain and metal inlays rails…

FE1-B9-FF3-A110-46-FD-A0-D6-850-FAED7180-A

Current Rig ~ Rc4wd G2 FJ40 Cruiser
    1/10 Scale Garage

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I tried to get a pic of all my Jeeps, then work interrupted so they got put away. I also missed a few out.
    9B464229-2C87-44F9-AE1A-FCE06D97FD61

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’d not seen this one before, looks lovely.

Cheers, I think I’m going to treat it to its own thread.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Finished the rear bed of my FJ40 with bamboo wood with a dark wax stain and metal inlays rails… FE1-B9-FF3-A110-46-FD-A0-D6-850-FAED7180-A

Very nice work indeed!

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I tried to get a pic of all my Jeeps, then work interrupted so they got put away. I also missed a few out. 9B464229-2C87-44F9-AE1A-FCE06D97FD61

Nice investment, I keep meaning to do this but then worry about the psychological effects for both myself and my wife.  Whilst stuck in isolation with her I’m not sure this is a good idea.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I tried to get a pic of all my Jeeps, then work interrupted so they got put away. I also missed a few out. 9B464229-2C87-44F9-AE1A-FCE06D97FD61

Nice investment, I keep meaning to do this but then worry about the psychological effects for both myself and my wife. Whilst stuck in isolation with her I’m not sure this is a good idea.

My wife’s cool with the trucks. She puts up with them in the same way as I do her flowers.

I need to do a Hilux line up but the effort needed is scary.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Started on the torquetubes for the Unimog

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.