Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling What did you do to your model today?

This topic contains 94 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Looks great!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I finally located the original bed from my TF2, bobbed it and added it to my C-Max Hilux in place of the pre-bobbed black bed from Loops RC.  I also pinched the wheels and tyres from my Toyzuki HiLux to see how they looked.  Oh and I also tried out a Defender bumper on the rear for more scale points, looks a little odd but just about works.

P1090057P1090065P1090061

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks good to me, great job. I like the bumper also 👍👍

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

How do you made the dent in the side? hot air and pressing something on it, or another technique?

Looks quite realistic.

Regards

Ralf

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks good to me, great job. I like the bumper also 👍👍

Cheers chap 🙂

How do you made the dent in the side? hot air and pressing something on it, or another technique? Looks quite realistic.

Yes, exactly that, heat it up from the inside and then push an object into it 👍

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tim_
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve swapped the front and rear servos around on the TRX4 so the back axle locks first which is more scale. I’ve also got the light kit sat here waiting to go on, that’s this weeks task. Should look ace when it’s done!

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Been working on a F-Toy chassis I’ve got in a deal. The replicas use frame rails underneath but I’ll do everything in tubing because there’s not much space inside already

IMG_20181020_131319

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

ScaleAddict, I feel like that F-Toy needs a build thread of its own!

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

ScaleAddict, I feel like that F-Toy needs a build thread of its own!

Yeah,maybe. Didn’t do one yet because it’s sitting on the shelf for so long. Only had dissembled at some time, came as a roller with venom creeper axles, 1/16 traxxas transmission and sweet rc4wd frature BJ frame rails. Only pick it now because was doing bodywork on a Tamiya Hilux for a client and had a click in my head to do a clamshell hood for the F-toy,based losely on the BJ40 front

It will get a very special setup so I’ll do a thread when there was more stuff made

In the meanwhile, a different grille:

44571559_277926286190628_917940442228588544_n

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Finished, all bar the wipers which are giving me grief, probably my last build;

sorry its one for the kids again!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, where did this build spring from?  I absolutely love that M & M, superb.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Finally got the rear axle on the Bronco, properly sorted after re-breaking it at the Nationals.

20181024_18335120181024_19295920181024_193013

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

I add some new scale dents to the Wrocket

086698A6-16DF-428C-9885-187F01C1ABF3

Regards

Ralf

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

P1090080

I painted and added the new RC4WD Hilux grill with round headlights to my truggy. I used Tamiya rubber black for behind the grill and used some Tamiya flat aluminium around the head lights. I also gave it a wash over with some Agrax Earthshade to take the edge of the plasticky fantasticky shinyness.

Starscream
    Starscream
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Dropped an ess one I had kicking around into my cc-01. I was going to fit it into my Scx10ii but the wiring loom on that is complex enough as it is and because I’m lazy I really don’t want to add yet more wires to it.

I know some people think stuff like that’s a bit naff I’m really quite impressed with the noise the unit makes and it just adds one more dimension to an already cracking wee truck.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.