Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling What did you do to your model today?

This topic contains 94 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Jamie tee
    Jamie tee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Jamie tee wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Got my new RC4WD 4Ch wireless light controller soldered up and tested, it works rather nicely so far, will plug all 4 channels in at some point to test more, but so far so good, just need to get more LEDs now.
    https://www.rcbitz.com/scale-crawler-accessories/lighting-led-buckets/rc4wd-4-channel-wireless-remote-light-bar-controller-turn-on-off-z-e0093-rc/

I’ve been looking at this do have some questions about it probably obvious ones but anyway

what voltage dose it put out to the LED’s? Is it what ever battery your useing say a 2s lipo 7.4v is that how much it puts out so you still have to use resisters on the LED’s or does it do it for you so you can simply wire up some LED’s and plug it straight in ?

The operating voltage is 6-9v, so a 2s straight in is fine, that’s exactly what I’ve done and I don’t know if my LEDs have resistors in them, I don’t think they do.
    Another reason I bought it because I run 3s in my SCX10 and Yeti, which is what it will be going in, one or the other, probably Yeti actually.
    So, for me, it’s perfect, I actually made a little video about it, going into a bit more detail, it’s a pretty new product from what I read, I hadn’t seen it before anyway.
    My LEDs just came from a set I had, which I believe where from a drift car ‘set’ they have little tabs on them saying how big they are, but I can’t find them again sorry bud.

Yeah I’ve not found anything on it I shall watch your video ::thumb::

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I had my own jeep jamboree and made a short vid.

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Jamie tee wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Jamie tee wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Got my new RC4WD 4Ch wireless light controller soldered up and tested, it works rather nicely so far, will plug all 4 channels in at some point to test more, but so far so good, just need to get more LEDs now.
    https://www.rcbitz.com/scale-crawler-accessories/lighting-led-buckets/rc4wd-4-channel-wireless-remote-light-bar-controller-turn-on-off-z-e0093-rc/

I’ve been looking at this do have some questions about it probably obvious ones but anyway

what voltage dose it put out to the LED’s? Is it what ever battery your useing say a 2s lipo 7.4v is that how much it puts out so you still have to use resisters on the LED’s or does it do it for you so you can simply wire up some LED’s and plug it straight in ?

The operating voltage is 6-9v, so a 2s straight in is fine, that’s exactly what I’ve done and I don’t know if my LEDs have resistors in them, I don’t think they do.
    Another reason I bought it because I run 3s in my SCX10 and Yeti, which is what it will be going in, one or the other, probably Yeti actually.
    So, for me, it’s perfect, I actually made a little video about it, going into a bit more detail, it’s a pretty new product from what I read, I hadn’t seen it before anyway.
    My LEDs just came from a set I had, which I believe where from a drift car ‘set’ they have little tabs on them saying how big they are, but I can’t find them again sorry bud.

Yeah I’ve not found anything on it I shall watch your video ::thumb::

It will most likely be a while before the video is released, I want to do a proper distance test first, I left them plugged in and went downstairs, closed the doors and got as far away across the house as I could and they still worked, so the advertised 50ft might be conservative as our living room is very long.
    I will test it properly first though :-)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I bought a whole herd of plywood a few weeks ago to make boxes to transport my rigs to Frankfurt. The retro gas station got in my way a bit, but managed to make the first box this evening. And then I took the genesis build, tucked it into the carrier that I used to bring my new-born boy home from hospital in, and stuck that in the box.

broncopackaging.jpg

Safe as houses. Happy days ::cool

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I didn’t think I’d miss the smell of Humbrol Liquid Poly… Apparently I did.
    Some progress on the wheel wells v2.

38519460162_1e81a9474c_b.jpg

24678866408_72dbecce03_b.jpg

Some added strength for the outside and inside.
    My old ones broke, these V2 should be better!

37663297655_be9960cdcd_b.jpg

24678866288_550d888f9f_b.jpg

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Made a start on a bench :)

38673669662_f210819ef2_b.jpg

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Figure we should keep this thread alive, for those who don’t read every post in build threads, it can be a good way to give inspiration to others, so I finished up the Bombers axles and unpacked my future project, been wanting a bouncer for years and as this one is already rusted up I might copy one of my favourite 1:1 bouncers/drivers with Wes Keans rat rod buggy.

We will see, it might end up being just something nice to look at in the garage from time to time.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes good point OHO, I do a lot of little jobs here and there inbetween builds so I shall try to remember to take photos and post them here.

I’ve just swapped out the beaten up old Axial axle cases on my Class 2 truggy for some SSD ones with internal beef tubes. I also took the opportunity to add SSD pro knuckles, C hubs and metal diff covers as the plastic ones seem to snag on everything.

I then discovered that the RC4WD wheels I was previously using have a particularly wide inner beadlock ring which was now binding on the steering rod ends. So I grabbed some cheapy 1.9s out of out the parts bin and mounted up some 1.9 Proline Hyrax which I have been meaning to try for a while now.

P1070882P1070881

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ll just leave this here …

29E72935-09D4-4880-950E-616EE51139B8

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking good chaps 😀

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Replaced a Holmes trailrubish by a torquemaster. JK will be flying now

IMG_20180623_125528IMG_20180623_125504

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Nice idea for a Thread

Today I packed my D90 into my Campervan for hopefully very nice Holidays in Wales.

Regards

Ralf

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Have a great holiday in gods own country Ralf, you picked what should be find weather next week. Some great trail sites all over but especially in the north, but I’m biased! Oh, and welcome.

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Thank you. Do you have one or two „must seen“- trailspots in the north?

Regards

Ralf

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

No absolute favourites, except the quarry in Halkyn, near Holywell, (its mentioned in the forum a few times) but very few tourist destinations near that one. I always enjoy the river walk in Betws y Coed, lots of tree roots, usually mud and a fair few rocks towards the end. Good parking, visitor centre and great Oggies!  Horseshoe Pass, near Llangollen has some great slate and rock paths, near the Ponderosa café at the top, lots of parking and spectacular views, but the town may be busy because of the international music festival may be on then. Feel free to pm me if your somewhere looking for trails.. tho’ I’m away for a few days.

Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.