Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling What did you do to your model today?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 5 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #35739
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro

    I looked around but I couldn’t find this thread anywhere else, it seems to be a bit of a ‘trend’ on most forums and thought it might be good for a bit more forum activity… Hopefully nobody minds me making this thread, hopefully it will pick up.
    Basically, post a few highlights of what you did to your model today, for those who aren’t sure what the title means lol.
    I’ll start.

    Stripped it down, installed the rear VP lockouts on the SCX10, just waiting for more parts before doing the rest, it’s getting VP stage one, RC4WD Warn winch, SSD rock shield bumper, SSD CMS kit and some other bits and bobs :)
    I also rebuilt the servo on the Yeti when I discovered it was only the inside gear that had let go, not the spline, so the Hitec 5955 doesn’t have a home now :hmmm: unless I order another truck ::eek ::lolz
    I would upload a couple of pictures but I’m sure we all know what an SCX10 axle looks like lol.

    Attachments:
    #67466
    Member
    Dam
    Dam
    • Crawler Pro

    I have been fighting with links on a 6×6 chassis, trying to get it into a roller. Mostly losing and cursing and frustration. Plus do I chop the chassis to reduce the gap between the front and second axle.

    Oh, and fire shopping.

    #67477
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro
    dam wrote:
    I have been fighting with links on a 6×6 chassis, trying to get it into a roller. Mostly losing and cursing and frustration. Plus do I chop the chassis to reduce the gap between the front and second axle.

    Oh, and fire shopping.

    Fire shopping?
    As in, literally for a fire, or a fire sale, you need to share? :-) ::lolz

    #67478
    Member

    M and M
    • Hitting The Trail

    Ordered some stuff from Rc Mart, more thanI meant too! Spent too long in a material and sewing shop, not alone I must say, looking for suitable stuff for scale window safety net..bought some …came home…no good! Now its dark.

    #67479
    Member
    Dam
    Dam
    • Crawler Pro
    Oh How Original wrote:
    dam wrote:
    I have been fighting with links on a 6×6 chassis, trying to get it into a roller. Mostly losing and cursing and frustration. Plus do I chop the chassis to reduce the gap between the front and second axle.

    Oh, and fire shopping.

    Fire shopping?
    As in, literally for a fire, or a fire sale, you need to share? :-) ::lolz

    New house = new fire, I am told

    WP_20171111_12_15_11_Pro.jpg

    #67467
    Member
    mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

    After doing nothing rc for the last 2 weeks due to life I resurrected a piece of vintage scale
    24470901488_0677fb0771_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    38341240621_a71faf9bc7_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr

    #67481
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro
    mark wrote:
    After doing nothing rc for the last 2 weeks due to life I resurrected a piece of vintage scale
    24470901488_0677fb0771_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    38341240621_a71faf9bc7_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr

    That looks quite a beast Mark!
    Has it been built before, if so, any pictures of it before?

    #67468
    Member
    Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Crawler Pro

    Ok then. I woke up at 3:52am because I had to do a number 2 (lots of potatoes last night :-) ), and so decided to stay up and build the 2nd CC-01 my son inisted on, because the crawlers I take on our runs are “too slow.”

    CC-01 Bronco.jpg

    When that was done and after everyone else woke up I did a bit more on the retro gas station. My boy made sure the garage door is big enough.

    GarageDoor.jpg

    #67484
    Member
    mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro
    Oh How Original wrote:
    mark wrote:
    After doing nothing rc for the last 2 weeks due to life I resurrected a piece of vintage scale
    24470901488_0677fb0771_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    38341240621_a71faf9bc7_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr

    That looks quite a beast Mark!
    Has it been built before, if so, any pictures of it before?

    It was built by Dready back in 2011
    38306744896_57dba2268c.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    24485500078_4071317592.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    Thanks to photo bucket all the images have vanished.

    #67501
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro
    mark wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    mark wrote:
    After doing nothing rc for the last 2 weeks due to life I resurrected a piece of vintage scale
    24470901488_0677fb0771_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr
    38341240621_a71faf9bc7_z.jpgUntitled by mhnhaven, on Flickr

    That looks quite a beast Mark!
    Has it been built before, if so, any pictures of it before?

    It was built by Dready back in 2011
    Thanks to photo bucket all the images have vanished.

    Planning on rebuilding it to it’s former glory? :-)

    #67469
    Member
    mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

    Not sure, it was pretty stripped out when it was sold. I need it for a video tomorrow to make up numbers so it’s getting seats and it now has its own chassis. I think it had its time way back so I’ll probably update its colour as it needs paint. If I regret my changes I’ll build a new one.

    #67502
    Moderator
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Crawler Pro

    I made these

    HBRGay1.jpg

    and tidied up the shed.

    Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

    #67504
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro

    Got my new RC4WD 4Ch wireless light controller soldered up and tested, it works rather nicely so far, will plug all 4 channels in at some point to test more, but so far so good, just need to get more LEDs now.
    https://www.rcbitz.com/scale-crawler-accessories/lighting-led-buckets/rc4wd-4-channel-wireless-remote-light-bar-controller-turn-on-off-z-e0093-rc/

    26615059899_bd84cd3f4f_b.jpg

    26615059889_4b63844c6c_b.jpg

    26615059659_65389b80d2_b.jpg

    #67511
    Member
    Jamie tee
    Jamie tee
    • Crawler Pro
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Got my new RC4WD 4Ch wireless light controller soldered up and tested, it works rather nicely so far, will plug all 4 channels in at some point to test more, but so far so good, just need to get more LEDs now.
    https://www.rcbitz.com/scale-crawler-accessories/lighting-led-buckets/rc4wd-4-channel-wireless-remote-light-bar-controller-turn-on-off-z-e0093-rc/

    I’ve been looking at this do have some questions about it probably obvious ones but anyway

    what voltage dose it put out to the LED’s? Is it what ever battery your useing say a 2s lipo 7.4v is that how much it puts out so you still have to use resisters on the LED’s or does it do it for you so you can simply wire up some LED’s and plug it straight in ?

    #67512
    Member
    Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro
    Jamie tee wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Got my new RC4WD 4Ch wireless light controller soldered up and tested, it works rather nicely so far, will plug all 4 channels in at some point to test more, but so far so good, just need to get more LEDs now.
    https://www.rcbitz.com/scale-crawler-accessories/lighting-led-buckets/rc4wd-4-channel-wireless-remote-light-bar-controller-turn-on-off-z-e0093-rc/

    I’ve been looking at this do have some questions about it probably obvious ones but anyway

    what voltage dose it put out to the LED’s? Is it what ever battery your useing say a 2s lipo 7.4v is that how much it puts out so you still have to use resisters on the LED’s or does it do it for you so you can simply wire up some LED’s and plug it straight in ?

    The operating voltage is 6-9v, so a 2s straight in is fine, that’s exactly what I’ve done and I don’t know if my LEDs have resistors in them, I don’t think they do.
    Another reason I bought it because I run 3s in my SCX10 and Yeti, which is what it will be going in, one or the other, probably Yeti actually.
    So, for me, it’s perfect, I actually made a little video about it, going into a bit more detail, it’s a pretty new product from what I read, I hadn’t seen it before anyway.
    My LEDs just came from a set I had, which I believe where from a drift car ‘set’ they have little tabs on them saying how big they are, but I can’t find them again sorry bud.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.