Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Vanquish VS4-10 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

First trip out with the Vanquish today, it performed flawlessly, really well balanced and a super low centre of gravity, what a machine!!

B7BDFD5A-7A85-4549-AFAD-2E6D68A92B2B

4073F61D-2A9E-4048-B248-FF6F9DABE648

0FC84552-D4E6-47BC-A493-2028174F6035

thanks for looking

• Looking For Mud

If you don’t mind me asking who did you order from and what was shipping costs / times and customs charges like?

I am about to pull the trigger on a Pro kit but I’m wary of ordering from Hong Kong and I know I’ll get hit for customs charges from the states.

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

No problem Nick, I ordered it from Amain Hobbies (USA) it was $749 which was £600 plus £30 shipping, I ordered it 2 days before Christmas and it arrived on January 9th and if I’m honest that’s the longest I’ve had to wait for something from Amain, but they did say that it might take a little longer due to Christmas holidays, I find they are very quick normally, considering it’s coming from the USA. The downside was the customs charge, they hit me for £143, but I was expecting that so wasn’t surprised when the letter came through. Yes, it’s an expensive truck, but the quality is second to none, it needs no upgrades (which the exception of alloy wheels if you wanted) and performs like a champ straight out of the box. I absolutely love it and couldn’t be happier with it.

hope that helps Nick

• Looking For Mud

Mark

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I was very tempted to order from rcmart and try and avoid the customs charges but shipping is more than twice as much as Amain and they want a bank transfer rather than ordering on a card which makes me nervous.

I also notice Amain appear to be about the only place with the Mamba X in stock. Sadly the Pro kit is currently on back order. Vanquish are probably focusing production on the Ultra. Any regrets that the Ultra with portal axles was released after you ordered the Pro?

Cheers

Nick

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

No problem Nick. No regrets at all, there’s a few things about the ultra that I’m not keen on, I think the stance is all wrong as the portals have raised it up too much, they have tried to compensate for that by reducing the shocks from 90mm to 80mm but I still think it sits too high (in my opinion) Also the VFD transmission you get with the ultra is the “retail” version and  hasn’t got aluminium bearing retainers or aluminium stand offs that you get with the Pro, it has plastic instead, now I’m sure these are plenty strong enough to do the job, but when these trucks cost the price they do, I expect them to have all the top end parts already on them. Lastly the Ultra doesn’t have an overdriven front axle where as the Pro has a 6.5% overdrive to the front axle, so another extra cost to consider if you want that feature.

all in all, if I were ordering again today I would still go for the Pro over the Ultra, just my personal opinion though 😬

Regarding Amain Hobbies, I’ve ordered lots of stuff from them and they have been great, fast delivery and with the added bonus of a VIP scheme, where you earn store credit with purchases, think I’ve got about $80 of store credit now, which will come in handy for my next purchase 😬 I’ve heard RCMart are also good but the only reason I haven’t ever bought anything from there was because they haven’t got the little padlock symbol in the search bar on their website, so my IPad keeps telling me the website is insecure, maybe that’s why they want a bank transfer instead??

Hope you find this useful 👍🏻

Mark

• Looking For Mud

Mark

Completely agree about the stance of the Ultra. When I read about it I was really excited as my boy has a Trx4 and I can see the advantage of the portals, but when I saw the pictures I was instantly put off. The scale appearance has been really compromised, it looks like the portal axles have been bolted onto the Vs4-10 platform. I would also struggle to justify the extra cost. All that for 13mm extra ground cleareance at the cost of a higher COG and lower spec transmission.

Cheers

Nick

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Mark Completely agree about the stance of the Ultra. When I read about it I was really excited as my boy has a Trx4 and I can see the advantage of the portals, but when I saw the pictures I was instantly put off. The scale appearance has been really compromised, it looks like the portal axles have been bolted onto the Vs4-10 platform. I would also struggle to justify the extra cost. All that for 13mm extra ground cleareance at the cost of a higher COG and lower spec transmission. Cheers Nick

Spot on Nick 👍🏻

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

New wheels for the Vanquish today, also fitted the PitBull Rock Beasts that we’re meant for the Mog but I think they suit this perfectly

DB9E2A4C-CCE1-4787-A9DD-EE13DFACBEFA

F86B889E-F988-4F9C-B26E-5D7E5E7CAE3E

9EA197FB-899B-4E8F-872F-12C3130ACE64

thanks for looking

• Looking For Mud

Those are nice wheels.

I would have loved to see them with the Vanquish VXT tyres. I actually really like the slightly lower profile of the Vanquish tyres. Any chance you can put a picture of the VXTs alongside the Pitbulls to compare.

Cheers

Nick

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Those are nice wheels. I would have loved to see them with the Vanquish VXT tyres. I actually really like the slightly lower profile of the Vanquish tyres. Any chance you can put a picture of the VXTs alongside the Pitbulls to compare. Cheers Nick

Thanks Nick

The Vanquish VXT tyre is a little taller than the PitBull, VXT being 4.65 inches tall and the PitBull being 4.45 inches but the VXT is a lot thinner than the PitBull as you can see in the pictures below

112AF9A1-AA38-4A22-84E7-E921C12DD035

DD62DE99-786A-420F-9C39-712C2C80EA7D

Compound wise, the VXT is a lot firmer than the PitBull but I did go for the “Komp” compound on the PitBull which is the softest they do, I haven’t run them yet so can’t compare, but will update you once I’ve given them a couple of runs. 👍🏻

• Looking For Mud

Pro ordered from Amain, now I just have to wait for it to come back in stock and then be shipped to the UK.

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Pro ordered from Amain, now I just have to wait for it to come back in stock and then be shipped to the UK.

Nice 😋

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Finally got my Rally Stripes through from America 😬

C44530C0-5D60-4CDA-8B07-0030FD4A43E0

E903AFB5-7575-4390-B29E-D02F93B4F3F4

• Looking For Mud

IMG_20200402_093229

So after a long wait my VS4-10 kit finally turned up yesterday. It will give me something to do during the lock down.

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

IMG_20200402_093229 So after a long wait my VS4-10 kit finally turned up yesterday. It will give me something to do during the lock down.

Nice Nick, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.