Tagged: 

• This topic has 65 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by ScaleAddict.
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

After more than a year without trails,finally did it!!

Took the JK, the M548 and the ‘mog to drive a little. Ended driving the Unimog a lot more than the others

Tried an easy line with sucess and was doing slightly harder lines and the truck was doing great…ended in one that I was positive that will fail…but the truck managed to climb. In 1st gear of course

https://youtu.be/blXv3BgJIaY

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Those axles are seriously amazing.
    That 1st pic outside, wow.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks so good, great pictures!

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks guys!

well, to the news:

that previous axle sparked an old idea of making 100% printed axles. About 4 years ago I worked on that, having housings printed but the big scx10 internals didn’t allowed to do them small and nice. Fast forward to the present and adding to my improved 3d skills,we have more choice

Someone suggested TRX4 diff gears and using lockable diff. Was a great idea but the parts are too expensive.Remember that I need 4 sets to make 3 axles. Went to scx10.2 gears from Ebay and they seem good, nice machining and finish

The issue was doing the gear mesh because of the “high pinion” feature but after a few tries, is done

Doesn’t seems but it works:

I’m aiming for this,2 halves:

The angle on the pinions is because torque tubes are a possibility. I’m just waiting for parts to arrive to confirm if it’s possible

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s excellent work, very impressive.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks! i try my best

I wanted to do a smaller pumpkin because it just looks better. There’s quite a difference between scx10 and scx10.2 gears:

Is 11mm actually because because of the design I’m trying to replicate, mine wouldn’t be 11mm smaller…

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.