Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Brilliant method for the wood texture, bravo. Your tank clamps also look superb.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Brilliant method for the wood texture, bravo. Your tank clamps also look superb.

thanks!

Well,have my mudguards printed and painted.Was waiting for the m2 torx bolts to mount everything

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Well, things are going slow…was anxious to get the metal stuff done to pass the bed to the lady who will do the tarp.

At first, I will only make the front and rear arch like the real ones but all my reference photos were from 4x4s. This long bed would need one more,atleast

The archs are 4mm stainless steel and the rest 3mm. The feet are steel, brazed to the archs.Was planning to braze everything but I’m quicker with the TIG.

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

One more random detail for the ‘mog

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Beautiful work, that’s going to look so good.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks retrocosm!

I live in a tough neighbourhood 🙂

84955921_305177803789316_3408067256729468928_n

Still need to finish paint everything and add the rubber straps

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

the new bed is going nicely. the tailgate it’s almost painted and ready to be mounted and I have the tarp also ready(not shown because I took it off to mount the bench)

The bench seat,printed frame with wood boards

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Printed a pair of improved functional tailgate hinges to be glued to the bed. They’re printed in one piece, let’s hope they hold
    Printe

Tailgate with the hooks. Not shown, are the rubber stops(printed in TPU because scale 🙂 )

First look at the tarp

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi!

I’m on the final stretch of this bed.Just need to glue the planks of the seat and make the chassis mounts

Anyway, there’s how it looks:

Closed latch

A printed hinge.

I’m very excited how it turned out.Anxious to get it on the trails

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Because the truck has to function properly,I’ve improved the rear shocks to handle the extra weight.

The old ones weren’t shock absorbers at all, were pretty and scale but there was no o-rings on the shaft so they couldn’t hold the oil.

So , found these 60mm shocks for cheap and took the springs out and filled with 1000 oil(yes, 1000 diff oil works well in these):

They only problem is that they are made for m2.5 hardware and couldn’t find 4.8mm balls for m3 so did these ones:

Another detail that was buggin me was mounting this tow hitch

Got the hitch from eBay, some M2 scale bolts and printed the frame around it

Don’t mind the rust. It’s almost ready to be painted

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Been following this for a while and it’s brilliant, amazing detail 👍🏻

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks Mark!

Well,guys,in my opinion, 3D printing is cool but when we only print scale acessories, we’re just scratching the surface of it’s true potential

The Moose axles being released free maybe clicked in my brain and came back from an old idea of making a full axle for the unimog. The problem is that I like this truck but the ugly axles seem out of place. Adding to that the front axle is a Frankenstein that i don’t know how it never failed

So,I’ve started to design from scratch,heavily influenced by the now discontinued SSD D60 axle housing.

This housing will have all the features of the old one like being 20mm narrower to compensate to portal boxes,panhard mount, spring perches,spherical ends, 7° of caster and 3rd link mount. The pumpkin is small as the stock gears allow…

Front:

back:

Diff cover will be designed next….

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Progress:

had some M2 scale bolts laying around and I thought they could look nice on this. I’m not a fan of this rubi red but was only for the prototype. Will print a new one with minor changes and in black

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, nice work

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks retrocosm!

Like the Stones said: “I see a red axle and I want it painted black” 🙂

more subtle…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.