Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

The guys who print my stuff offered to model and print an Unimog engine so I took the chance.

straight from the printer:

Test fit on the cab

It could be more detailed but i wanted to add parts later. The sizing isn’t true scale but there’s space constraints on the place, there’s the 540 and the servo over there

First, exhaust manifold, turbo and an alternator

Then, the intake manifold

The engine driven air compressor for the onboard air tank

Injector lines

Turbo Downpipe

In place

It will not be a perfect replica but it’s enough to cover the motor and servo. Needs more stuff like air filter, pulley belts, some pipes and paint

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

While the fake engine and the rest of the parts were getting done outside the car, one more important thing has to be done: make it run properly!

The cab has new mounting points(4 screws inside the inner fenders) and attached the bed on the chassis.

The bed tips to change batteries, that sit above the middle axle,between the frame rails

And off to the trail!!

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

A little more work on the engine

Mounted it and the air filter. Needs a couple more parts to fill this bay

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

There’s some better pics:

While the bay is slowly being completed, did something else:

This printed wheel is a copy of the Gmade SR02 already in the truck but thin as possible to fit under the bed as the real one

Just needs a mount welded on the chassis

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Working on the rear fenders(mudguards?? )

Bent in 0.9mm aluminum sheet. Only bent one to approve the design. What do you guys think?

raven62
    raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I don’t know enough about mogs to decide if it is Scale, but I think it looks fine.

Regards

Ralf

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I don’t know enough about mogs to decide if it is Scale, but I think it looks fine.

The real ones can be like these:

raven62
    raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Ok . Optical perfect. But I would have a little fear that the fenders will overbend with the smallest contact to a rock.

At the original you can see a small strap between additional gastanks and fenders to prevent this.

Regards

Ralf

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I couldn’t agree more. This truck it’s for scale driving now,light trails. But when I’m with the “crew” it has to do regular trails. I hit rocks with the mudguards several times. I’ll look into those straps in the future

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.