Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Only thing still annoying me is that the front is heavier than the rear and so is lower. Need to raise the front or lower the back somehow (body and bed height cannot be changed so need to look at springs…).

Why not fill the rear with scale rocks/gravel or sand bags. They could be in a simple removable tray or on a wooden pallet in the case of the sand bags, to allow access to the battery/electronics.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Oh, and cracking looking truck by the way.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Fourth ProtocolFourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Why not fill the rear with scale rocks/gravel or sand bags. They could be in a simple removable tray or on a wooden pallet in the case of the sand bags, to allow access to the battery/electronics.

Yeah good call. Your comment gave me another idea – grind/cut real rock into the shape of those weights you see on the front of tractors… That said, the rules for the EST state that if it’s on the truck it can be used for recovery or to get through a difficult spot. Like a winch or sand ladders.

And so I’m thinking of constucting a foldable bridge that I can transport in the bed that will get me over virtually anything. Conceptually like the below, but when folded fits into the bed of the ‘Mog…

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

If you make the bridge and that bit brakes. Will you go home early?

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

If you make the bridge and that bit brakes. Will you go home early?

That’s just mean. 🙂

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yeah good call. Your comment gave me another idea – grind/cut real rock into the shape of those weights you see on the front of tractors… That said, the rules for the EST state that if it’s on the truck it can be used for recovery or to get through a difficult spot. Like a winch or sand ladders. And so I’m thinking of constucting a foldable bridge that I can transport in the bed that will get me over virtually anything. Conceptually like the below, but when folded fits into the bed of the ‘Mog…

The sandbags could be stacked to make a ramp to get you over obstacles, but I like the bridge idea too.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.