Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Fourth ProtocolFourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

There’s a little event in Germany in April that only has 36 places in it, and I bagged myself a spot. It’s got an incredible reputation, those 36 places sold out in 6 minutes flat!

Rules for trucks are strict. Don’t be suprised, this IS in Germany. Anyway the rules:

• Vehicle scale must be no less than 1:10 and no more than 1:8.
    • Only hard body, 3D printed, aluhinium, etc. bodies allowed.
    • No multi-axle steering allowed, and no DIGs.
    • Vehicles must have a minimum of 2 forward-facing white lights, and two rearward facing red lights.
    • Vehicles must have a full interior with dashboard, seats and a driver figure.
    • Vehicle must be equipped with a winch and at least 2m winch line.
    • Tyre height cannot exceed 105mm.
    • Wheel height cannot exceed 1.9.
    • Vertical space between the top of the tyre and the top of the wheel arch cannot exceed 2cm. This is measured on a fully-loaded vehicle, including battery.
    • 95% of the tyre width/tread must be covered.
    • Vehicle width may not exceed 225mm (22.5cm), measured at the rear axle.
    • Recovery aids such as sand ladders, recovery straps or rope, ground anchors etc are to be stowed on the vehicle.

I have nothing that qualifies. And so I must build something.

GCM Racing DeltΔ chassis with printed axles, also from GCM Racing. Width is legit.

Chassis

Chassis

Chassis

Chassis

So far so good. Moar to come.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This I assume is the Eifel Scale Trophy which sounds right up my street, maybe next time!  ‘If you follow the rules it’s still fun and it means something, rules control the fun’ LOL.  Excellent work as always and good to see a Delta build.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This I assume is the Eifel Scale Trophy which sounds right up my street, maybe next time! ‘If you follow the rules it’s still fun and it means something, rules control the fun’ LOL. Excellent work as always and good to see a Delta build.

It is indeed the EST. Did the Challenge last year so looking foward to the Trophy. In the meantime, more progress:

raven62raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi,

I’ve survived the last EST with a serious stiffness in my laugh muscles and I’m glad to get a Ticket for 2020 too.

So I’ll spy a bit on my competitor 🙂

Regards

Ralf

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi,

I’ve survived the last EST with a serious stiffness in my laugh muscles and I’m glad to get a Ticket for 2020 too.

So I’ll spy a bit on my competitor 🙂

As long as we finish ahead of Thomas and Benni 😎 Which team are you in?

On the Mog the bonnet is mostly finished, and the spare wheel has a home.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Update. Slow going. Started work on the bed, the fuel tanks, chassis and interior.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

First part of requirement 4 has been met.

There’s lots of bleed because I’ll only glue down the light buckets once I’ve blacked out the backing plate. The lights look a lot brighter than they really are.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Excellent progress, what sort of bulbs have you used?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Excellent progress, what sort of bulbs have you used?

Thank you. And using Tamiya 54600 Halogen 5mm LEDs. I have dimmer more browner/vintagy ones but got a “free” TLU-01 controller with my CC-02 and that’s easier than soldering a herd of resistors in.

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Looking good. Unusual choice but in a good way

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking good. Unusual choice but in a good way

Thanks and yeah I try to choose trucks I’ve not seen before. Bit more progress today – whoever designed that centre bit was on LSD.

And the roof.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I had to fix the rake of the windscreen – it was too upright. This is the before shot.

And after, for comparison –

Then I started on a place for the electronics.

And installed.

So it’s pretty much there now. Still need to fix the bed to the chassis, finish the hatch, add a revolving light and add some kind of recovery point to the back.

This camera is usually pretty accurate at colors, but the orange is way too over-exposed. I can’t Photoshop so I’ll leave it for outdoor pics on the weekend or whenever.

raven62raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Way too good for the E.S.T. 😀

leave it at home and loose with a cc01 *kicher*

btw: i‘m feeling honored to see it live in april.

Regards

Ralf

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Way too good for the E.S.T. 😀

leave it at home and loose with a cc01 *kicher*

btw: i‘m feeling honored to see it live in april.

Thank you 😃 Definitely not leaving it at home. May take a Jeep JK as backup though… 😜 I’m looking forward to the EST and glad that the event is small enough not to be affected by the Corona madness.

The Mog is done, pretty much. Took it for a test run this afternoon.

Wild Willy’s left hand is resting on the hand throttle. Pretty crazy, for a truck first built in 1955 to have such a fine-tuneable addition to the gas pedal!

Only thing still annoying me is that the front is heavier than the rear and so is lower. Need to raise the front or lower the back somehow (body and bed height cannot be changed so need to look at springs…).

Anyways I like it.

MarkBMarkB
    • Hitting The Trail
    • ★★★

Looks amazing, I love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.