Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale Crawler Groups & Events UK Recon G6 – 23-25 May 2020

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I noticed by chance that the dates for the UK Recon G6 have been announced as 23rd – 25th May, again at Bracken Rocks, Derbyshire.  I don’t have any other details as they seems quite hard to come by, as far as I can tell you have to be on Facebook to get any information.  If any forum members are thinking of attending and or have more details please post here.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ll be there. I was going to take the kids but they’re camping so I’ll be drowning my sorrows in the pub in the evenings 😁

Not sure if they’ve decided on the theme for this year yet.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I am going as well, and shall be keeping Mark company at the bar in the evenings.

There isn’t currently any more information on the facebook page.

The location is Bracken Rocks, Leashaw Road, DE4 5AS.

There is generally some on site camping (weather dependant as it’s a grass field that gets water logged) and also limited parking, so car sharing is a good idea if you can.

For those that don’t camp the Premier inn @ Ripley is where the majority stay although it gets booked up quite quickly.

The terrain is fairly steep and rocky and can get quite slippery when it’s been raining.

I would also say that the courses tend to not be hard body friendly, but that said unless you really want to compete seriously there is nothing wrong with skipping the gates that you don’t like.

There is a usually good burger van on site, and generally Martin from RcBitz has his mobile shop there for the weekend and Overland RC have a stall as well.

There are onsite toilets, to be used at your own risk 🙂

As and when more info is posted on the book of face I shall try and update this.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Brilliant thanks for the info chaps.  I’m going to do my best to make it up this time, even if it’s only for a day.  Do you chaps camp or go for the Premier Inn at Ripley?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Premier Inn for us and quite a few others. Restaurant/pub next to the hotel. There’s a McDonald’s outside the hotel and a Sainsbury’s next to that in case you need essentials. Plenty turn up for a day. Saturday is the go for day if that’s your plan. We stay from Friday night.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

OK, thanks Mark hopefully I’ll see you there, and Pete when you say parking is limited at the site is there a chance of turning up for the day and not being able to park?

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

OK, thanks Mark hopefully I’ll see you there, and Pete when you say parking is limited at the site is there a chance of turning up for the day and not being able to park?

If the weather leading up to the event is dry then parking shouldn’t be an issue, although I would recommend arriving early, if it has been wet then it might be an issue as the parking is on a grass field that becomes water logged and undrivable which obviously restricts access. If your really early there is some parking at the top of the drive but even this can get quite muddy and slippery and fills up quickly.

I have never not managed to park, even when going for just a day, I have however been stuck on the parking field and had to be pushed out.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Pete 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.