Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Trx 4 Range Rover

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Brookers
    Brookers
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Steve

The 3d printed parts are a dashboard and steering wheel. Front grill. Door mirrors and rear light buckets.

For the rear bumper I used a SSD wide rockshield bumper for the scx1020180111_09500620180118_152733

outback
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Steve The 3d printed parts are a dashboard and steering wheel. Front grill. Door mirrors and rear light buckets. For the rear bumper I used a SSD wide rockshield bumper for the scx10

Thanks Neil I will see what I can get , your rear bumper is a very nice bit of kit and suits this body perfect .

Started on the roll cage tonight using 6mm brass tube ,this will only fix to the body so plenty of support will be needed for fixings and strength ,more supplies needed now .

outback
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got the shell lined up and sitting on the posts now ,I just need to lift the sliders to meet up to it to hold sell nice at the sides .Front and rear bumpers have now been made from a 25mm delrin bar so will take a scrape or two .

Next on the list is sort the winch this will be made from a high torque servo which I will convert ,and fit in front of the steering servo out of the way ,and maybe a splash of colour on the shell .

Steve

outback
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got the shell painted ,(its orange not red as it looks in the picture unsure why)

Made a start on the winch, kept it simple due to mounting options as I wanted it inside the shell

Metal round servo horn ,then just turned me a piece of 25mm delrin down to form the drum , its good for over 2 meters of my 1mm line .This is then fitted to a new bumper mount with the front servo option .

Just need a slot for the line and bolt it all up .

Steve

outback
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Winch has now been bolted up , I used a cheap wireless remote from ebay that I got a few years back ,removed the case and waterproofed it and a cover of heat shrink its all good .

With a 33 kilo servo running on the main 3s battery  it lifts this car with ease at a good speed  ,bumper can be fitted now along with a new line and hook with out the ugly knots .

Steve

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That sounds like some serious winching power.  I must have a go at a servo winch, what spools do you use?

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Love the body but the page link seems broken. They’re still available?

outback
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Love the body but the page link seems broken. They’re still available?

Hi try this one https://www.facebook.com/scaleworld1/

steve

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks….well,looking at your’s,the printed parts take it to another level

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.