Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Toyzuki Comanche Build

This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

it just needs a simple bumper

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

it just needs a simple bumper

Agreed, I’ve ordered one of these from RCMart, I would have liked something with a grill guard as well but I’ll see what this looks like.

I also ordered one of these for the rear.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I continue to do little bits here and there.  I have now painted the front grill and light surrounds in matt black and added the light lenses.

The bumpers have arrived from SSD and given that they were designed for the Axial Cherokee body they fit remarkably well.  The rear bumper is near perfect, some trimming on the rear wing may be required.  The front may require a little Dremmel action to allow the body to drop in a tad.

I’ve also added some 8mm wide wheel hex adapters to push the wheels out a little further, I may still go to 9mm.  The wheels are now 1.7s from RC4WD with 1.55 Pitbull Growlers stretched over them.

I’ve also added some metal sliders which fit really well and details wise added the wipers, mirrors etc and painted in the shut lines.

It’s growing on me, the scale errors on the body such as the tailgate, attached rear bed and so on still bug me and I’m tempted to try to change the wheel arch flares but it definitely works from some angles.

P1090018P1090041P1090022P1090026P1090030

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.