Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Tims Twin Hammers with videos

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Tim_
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

So do I, Bill, it’s getting the tray aligned with THe holes that’s the problem. The rest is so well thought out that it makes this part feel like an after thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the TH is superb quality but give the engineers a little longer and they’d have produced an all time classic. I suppose time will tell but I hope Tamiya respond with a CC02XC02 B)

Oh and I love the stock setup as RTR, thought I’d chuck that in. It works really well. If you want more speed its ready for brushless if you want a crawler the chassis is fantastic.

Definitely going up in my books!

taff1969
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

B) muddy pics looks like you put it through it’s paces

Tim_
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

Today I had an absolute blast jumping this thing B)

Then I finally took in and stripped the diffs out, greased the rear diff with lithium CV grease and the same on the front. I added Blu tak to the front diff and although it took several goes I got a good consistency, the diff isn’t completely locked but when I lifted the “free” wheels up and left just one on the ground the motor stalled before the diff unlocked B)

I then went back out with the truck and found the roof far more often than I used to. Next ill change the tyres, wheels, weights and track width front and rear before finally changing the electrics and body panels over. Got the panels, just need paint.

Tim_
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

So after getting the body shell and accidentally picking up paint for the hard bodies I finally got them exchanged, a set of wheel adapters, some masking tape and a windy day and put this together.

I also put a wraith roof on there, requires a small trim but it skids upside down quite well now 😆

I’ve also added Blu tack the front diff, rock locks on RC4WD OEMs (weighted) and tonnes of CV grease to the diffs B)

Still on standard electrics but I love the speed. Hate the leccy’s though.

066385F8-9F06-44DC-8545-5E784D8F32E3-2596-00000153611D39A7_zpsa739db84.jpg

40C3A275-8A59-4C70-85A1-D094C46E0864-2596-00000153663E598B_zps92f37cff.jpg

EC7D9799-7CEB-41AA-915D-7F980A58C10B-2596-000001536AC2CB16_zpse66cf5d4.jpg

CD4A85ED-64C3-488C-83CA-90E48B9467B7-2596-00000153A92056B3_zps92c85d56.jpg

5EF77507-EC79-49D0-9215-0205D198945B-2596-00000153AE196493_zps7b1ccbf8.jpg

Tim_
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Also, ordering some proper batteries. The Standard one just doesn’t last long enough. I’ve also noticed some wear on the front shafts but I’m keeping an eye on what MIP are developing – they have a few ideas but so far they’re very bulky, any extra rotating mass will just kill the punch from the batteries. Hmm…

Rear props are supposed to be weak but I’ve had no trouble so far, I suppose if a decent one arrives ill pop it on but the motor mount is the weakest point by far. Roll on Friday…

Tim_
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

HAHAHA videos won’t link now I’ve uploaded them :silly:

Edit: now they’re working. The TH can take quite a bashing B)

Tim_
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★
                  Tim_
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★
                    Tim_
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★
                      pharrel
                        • Hitting The Trail
                        • ★★★
                        bill wrote:
                        Dazza1 wrote:
                        You can put the Esc into crawler mode this will also add drag bRakE. And I’m sure you get instant reverse to.

Yeh that program mod Tim isn’t in the manual but is in the online manual. Word on the US forums is it doesn’t make much difference. :(

On my dad’s TH we got the esc into crawler mode and the drag brake was not very good at first but the forward/reverse helped out a lot when crawling. The drag brake became a lot stronger when we switched to a lower 20T pinion. The brake is stronger than my SCX10s just now.

I was quite amazed when we went trailing and my axial was slowly sliding down the hill and the TH didn’t move an inch.

Tim_
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

Pharrel I’m going to try that!

In between working all the hours under the sun, interviews and whatever I’ve had the last few days off. Well I say off, I’m supposed to be on holiday and I’m chasing new emoyment stuff and organising viewings for flats etc.

I’ve had chance to hammer the TH over some rough terrain in Yorkshire and I’ve still not managed to kill it in standard trim. The servos haven’t packed up at all, which I’m amazed with. The motor is getting a tad slower and I need another battery (doesn’t last long enough) but the standard set up is proving hard to kill. Maybe I’m not trying hard enough? :side:

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.