Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds The Scale Fab Shop Axial Capra.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by mark 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So having spent far to much time over the last few years making portals fit tiny trucks that shouldn’t of had them, this week I bought a tiny truck with portals as standard and then promptly removed them 🤣

So here is the almost complete Non-Portal Axial Capra. I went for SSD Racing Diamond Pro Axle casings from RC Bitz Ltd along with SSD C-hubs and Knuckles. All the stock links work (I just had to slightly lengthen the uppers both front and back. Made a new on axle servo mount, and used a stock SCX10-II drag link with a random steering link. Holmes 13T 5 Slot Crawl Master with a Hobbywing 1080 esc and a Power HD 20Kg servo.

20191019_18164120191019_181648

Still need to put the correct wheels and tires on it and a smaller pinion as it has a touch to much wheel speed at the moment. I also want to add a couple of limit straps as the axles have way to much down travel at the moment.

Flexes pretty well though.

20191019_181704

The way this drives reminds me of my old AX-10 comp crawler especially with the dig. Should make a fun class 3 rig though.

More as it happens.

🙂

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

But you’re Pete Portal, world’s gone mad 😉

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s fine, normal service will resume in the very near future. As the axles from this are destined for the Black Mog.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I can’t get over how small these are but are class 3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.