Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds The prize F-150

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So a few weeks ago I won a Carisma Scale Adventure Ford F-150 in a raffle on facebook.

I left it sitting for a bit, then contemplated selling it and finally I decided to use it, however I am not going to leave it standard because that would be to easy.

Today I removed all the bits that I don’t won’t,

20190506_194646

Shocks, axles, gearbox, servo mount, rear shock mounts, rock sliders and the centre skid.

and set about rebuilding it.

I have installed my cantilever suspension in the rear, ready for a drop bed.

Drop bed mk2

I also installed shorter front shocks  a pair of  scx-10 II axles I had sitting about, a new centre skid and some different wheels.

Skid v2

The ride height is about where I want it, I will have to trim the arches slighty up front as the tire catch on full lock at the moment.

20190506_18180920190506_181822

The plan is to have a centre transfer case and motor/gearbox mounted up front (just not the original motor/gearbox.)

I am also going to see if the interior I designed for the Coyote can be made to fit in this, but that me have to be after the G6.

Ta for looking.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice score. ‘Today I removed all the bits that I don’t want’  and there was nothing left lol.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice score. ‘Today I removed all the bits that I don’t want’ and there was nothing left lol.

I should really also add the TX/RX, Battery, Motor, Servo and ESC to that list. So, yeah, I am using the Body, Frame Rails, Front Shock Mounts, maybe the front body mounts and possibly a couple of the original chassis braces.

hmmmm, I think I really should learn how to leave the occasional Kit/RTR stock at least for a little while.

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mid-week F-150 update.
    I made a hole in the back of it 🙂

20190508_192531

This is a re-work of the dropbed I did for the Coyote, as I had to make it longer and wider to fit the is body, I also reshaped the wheel wells making them rounder.

20190508_192001

I need to tweek the design slightly as I have made the floor to thin (had to glue some 1mm styrene to the bottom of it to add strength) and then I shall make the files available on my pinshape page.

Here’s a few shots of the chassis with the body off, showing the cantilever suspension, new center skid and transfer case (modified cheapo alloy scx-10 II) and the chassis part of the rear body mount.

20190508_19185720190508_19190720190508_19192420190508_191936

20190508_191944

The skid has been slightly re-designed to add some extra material, so I may print another, I am also going to do a version to take an RC4WD transfer case which I shall release for others to print.

next up is designing and printing the servo/gearbox mount and then figuring out where to stick the battery etc.

More as it happens.

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Saturday afternoon update on the F-150.
    Bed is installed along with the cantilever rear suspension. New servo/ electrics and motor mount is installed, just need to connect all the pieces.
    Body is also trimmed to clear the wheels better, I need to trim the rear of the front arches a bit more but I want to install the sliders berfore I do so.

I think I may remove the cream stickers as I don’t like that the rear arches have orange showing below the cream and the front’s don’t.

20190511_17003220190511_17003520190511_17003920190511_17004320190511_17030520190511_17032720190511_170344

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got the electrics hooked up this morning, and made the last of steering links. Gave it a quick blast around the garden and every thing works, so I shall call this one done, and ready for the G6 🙂

20190512_13452820190512_13462820190512_134555

Next time you see this I suspect it will be missing some bits and a lot more scratched up.

Thanks for looking.

• Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

You’re giving good use to the 3d printer. Neat solutions on the chassis and the drop bed is killer

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

You’ve transformed that into a very nice looking truck Pete, good stuff.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Davy CrockettDavy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Was going to comment yesterday but my 11yr old niece took much entertaining!

Nice build and intrigued with the cantilever suspension…. Look forward to hearing how it performs

Paint job looks ok on the bench but in sunlight, just WOW!

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers Davy. The cantilever should work well as I have been running and developing it on the Coyote for the last year or so.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Pete,

Would you mind sharing the paint colour please?

Pete AttrydePete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Pete, Would you mind sharing the paint colour please?

Would love too but it came pre painted.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Pete, Would you mind sharing the paint colour please?

Would love too but it came pre painted.

Ok, thanks anyway

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.