Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale Crawler Groups & Events SuperScale 2018 in Dortmund, Germany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Fourth ProtocolFourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mark and I had a brief chat about SuperScale this weekend, because after destroying my JK for the 3rd time at the UK Scale Nationals I’m totes signed up for something hardbody friendly.

Mark said if I was going he’d consider coming along. And then later I thought if we hire a minivan four of us could share both the cost and the driving. It’s an 8-hour drive west of London, and I’m fluent in German so can handle admin, translation and locals.

SuperScale Dortmund, 18 to 20th May, 2018.

The basic rules are class 0, 1 and 2. Absolutely no rock bouncers/wraiths/yetis/bombers. The more realistic the better. Lots of videos of past SuperSale events here.

Cost for something like a 7-seater VW Caddy shouldn’t run to more than £100 per person for 4 days all inclusive. If there’s enough interest a 17-seater Transit is also an option, making it even more cheaper. Brexit won’t have happened yet, so you won’t even need a visa.

We can camp onsite, although I suggest you bring your own tent. Mark got a bit upset after I bombed out the lift at the Premier Inn on Saturday morning.

Any interest beyond Mark and I?

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Erm, do they have Premier Inn in Germany?
    I don’t do camping and where would you put the toilet brush in a tent?

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I too would be interested, especially if I can run the MAZ :-)

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    mark wrote:
    Erm, do they have Premier Inn in Germany?
    I don’t do camping and where would you put the toilet brush in a tent?

They have Formula 1s, which are worse (but cheaper) than Premier Inns ::yikes There are lots of little hotels dotted around the event. I’ll do some research.

Pete Attryde wrote:
    I too would be interested, especially if I can run the MAZ :-)

You can run the MAZ. They allow multi-axle ::thumb::

DamDam
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I am liking the sound of that.

LoneWolfLoneWolf
    • Looking For Mud

I am interested in coming Mike, we met at the nats (snowboarder)Simon.
    I don’t do tents either so it will have to be a hotel. my brother goes to Germany quite a lot so I will ask him where he stays.

SimonSimon
    • Looking For Mud

Is anybody still interested in going to this event, as time is getting on to sort out logistics and booking etc.

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Simon, I’ve not seen FP on here for a while, I think he was in the midst of moving to Germany?

I’m sure there’s a few of us that’d love to go but I personally will have to make do with watching other’s YT vids!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mike (Fourth Protocol) has as I understand it now moved to Germany, he is still posting on the Scale Builder’s Guild and Instagram, you might be able to catch up with him there.  I’d love to attend this event but can’t make it unfortunately.

Charlie

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi. Still here 🙂 As Charlie pointed out I’m in Germany now so this trip isn’t happening for me anymore.

SimonSimon
    • Looking For Mud

Ok thanks for letting me know, disappointed we are not going was looking forward to a proper trip. Maybe next year.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ok thanks for letting me know, disappointed we are not going was looking forward to a proper trip. Maybe next year.

This years fell on my daughters birthday so I can’t make it. Next is is a big possibility for me. Would be nice to run my trucks without trashing them.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This years fell on my daughters birthday so I can’t make it. Next is is a big possibility for me. Would be nice to run my trucks without trashing them.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

SuperScale 2018 starts tomorrow and a). I’m sick as a dog (Mark please send pretty nurses) and I’m in Rome on Saturday. And the UK G6 looks no better, although I hope to not require any of Mark’s nurses, which I’m starting to doubt exist.

On another note, but related:

That’s what a scale crawler event should look like. To me. But I’ll settle for actually making it to Dortmund one day :-/

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Can’t believe you’re in Germany and you’re still missing it, how frustrating!

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.