Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds SCX10 II Something Or Other – To be Confirmed.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Starscream 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

After building a few Class 1 trucks over the last year or so I got thinking about having something a little more aggressive/capable with slightly larger tires. I really enjoy the scale nationals and G6 at Bracken Rocks, but the courses are hard on small tires and hard bodies.

The recent announcement of the SCX10 II Raw Builders Kit started me looking around for build ideas. The pre-requisites for this build are: 1.9” x 4.7” tires, heavy axles, more weight down low and less up top but I’d still like it scale-ish with a full interior etc.

So a search online has, so far, brought up 2 options. I’m still looking at other ideas and probably won’t decide until the Builders Kit turns up (whenever Modelsport get them).

Option 1. Honcho body painted inside and out with a custom truggy back. Something like this:

Option 2. China Jeep JK comp cut with steel cage. Like this one:

All I have so far are these lovely SSD Pro44 axles.

That’s all for now.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  I’m not a huge Jeep fan but I must admit I do like comp cut ones and I’m already imagining the sort of gorgeous metalwork you’ll be creating.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I love how both those photos are firmly pointed at the rear tube work! I’m surprised you haven’t done a full cage build yet….

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Starscream
    Starscream
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

I quite like the comp cut jeep myself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.