Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Newbies Corner Scratch Built (bodge built) Matador

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • Looking For Mud

IMG_8315
    Hi All,
    This is my AEC Matador that I’m mostly scratch building. Well the body and chassis anyway. Its running ARB t-60 axles (i think) on leaf springs, made stiffer by adding spring steel from a mower pull start. Tamiya 3 speed gearbox from the 1/14 lorry range, a high/low transfer case of unknown parentage off ebay; which i suspect is going to be a pain in the arse. 2.2 military wheels and tyres, which look awesome but cost a bomb and power will come from a 5000mah lipo battery for some really looooooooong run times, hopefully.
    The only problem i have at the moment is connecting the outputs from the transfer case to the inputs of the axles, propshafts . Any recommendations as to a good source/ type would be much appreciated; the front is max 130mm the rear max 140mm.

• Looking For Mud

IMG_8316

A different view.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s lovely, I do like to see a custom build. RCBitz always has a good variety of driveshafts of many different lengths.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

nice build!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.