Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling RC4WD Z-Box & Shooter Shackles

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by toyolien 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Does anyone have any experiences with these on the rear of a TF2? I’m considering some, and would like to hear of any issues etc…

Thank you

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve not gone the full-on route with the RC4WD parts, I made some shooter shackles from chain links. They really helped extend the droop of the suspension which increased articulation and just settled as normal when not ‘drooping’. I would say it’s a massive improvement for a leafed TF2 which helped it compete with a linked Gelande 2.

I would guess the proper parts would be even better still.

Issue-wise the only thing I’ve heard is that sometimes the shackles can bend the wrong way but there are many lo-fi ways or 3D printed ‘bump stop’ parts to sort that. I’ve not had it overly concern me but I don’t comp mine so it’s not a major problem.

Only pic I can find:

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks for your reply, it’s most helpful. My main concern was that i will also be using an anti wrap bar, and i suspected that there would be some binding at full travel. I may order a pair to try. Thanks again…

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ah, right. I imagine it may limit travel on that one side slightly, especially of the Z-box part, due to the ‘locked in’ aspect of the anti-wrap bar on the axle.

I only chimed in because no one else had – you’re far, far above me in the building of tiny trucks so take my possibly spurious offerings with a pinch of salt  🙂

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

josh14
    josh14
    • Hitting The Trail
    • ★★★

Both make it very very sloppy. Like the axle will move side to side like 10-15mm. Will have lots of droop, so will have more flex haha

Personally I’d just go revolvers on the back with chino mod

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ah, right. I imagine it may limit travel on that one side slightly, especially of the Z-box part, due to the ‘locked in’ aspect of the anti-wrap bar on the axle. I only chimed in because no one else had – you’re far, far above me in the building of tiny trucks so take my possibly spurious offerings with a pinch of salt 🙂

Not at all! Your reply was most useful, and your homemade ones look great. I hadn’t even considered making some. I might try to make a new wrap bar that will work with them, or i may just not use them at all. I’m just thinking of options at the moment i guess.

Both make it very very sloppy. Like the axle will move side to side like 10-15mm. Will have lots of droop, so will have more flex haha Personally I’d just go revolvers on the back with chino mod

I always chino the leafs, and that works great. And yes, i’d read that using both would be troublesome. Guess i’ll drive the truck once it’s finished and go from there… Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.