Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds RC4WD Chevy K5 Blazer Build

This topic contains 151 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Watched and got some of that paint ::thumpsup::

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice video there.

Have you got a reliable seller for the agrax earth shade, and suggested bottle size/price please.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    bill wrote:
    Nice video there.

Have you got a reliable seller for the agrax earth shade, and suggested bottle size/price please.

I paid £2.30 from the dolls house shop in Steyning but it’s always in games workshop

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    bill wrote:
    Nice video there.

It’s a Games Workshop brand so they should have it. I usually get it from E-bay, the price varies quite a lot and there are I think two different pot sizes, 12 & 24 ml. I’ve only bought it twice, I got the bigger pot here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AGRAX-EARTHSHADE-NEW-BIG-POT-CITADEL-SHADE-PAINT-WARHAMMER-GAMES-WORKSHOP-/161979707222?hash=item25b6be2f56:g:eNcAAOSw1S9WdC6O

Charlie

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Charlie,
    You mentioned not having much luck in the vid about reproducing the polished panel on the rear..

solution.. self adhesive vinyl film.. you can get it in chrome and also a aluminium (not quite as shiney).. its the same stuff I used on my lexan shell for the black side pajnels, piece of cake to work with too if your considering adding it.. great thing is if you dont its easilly peeled off without damage..

liked the new vid btw..

Al..

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers Al, I did buy some chrome effect vinyl actually but it was too dark. I may still go back and add as you say, it would definitely finished it all off nicely. I guess with a steady hand and a sharp scalpel I could have cut out the side stripes as well!

For the next one ;-)

Cheers, Charlie

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Retrocosm wrote:
    Cheers Al, I did buy some chrome effect vinyl actually but it was too dark. I may still go back and add as you say, it would definitely finished it all off nicely. I guess with a steady hand and a sharp scalpel I could have cut out the side stripes as well!

For the next one ;-)

Cheers, Charlie

The easiest way I found to do the side panels was cut rectangles the correct size for each panel to the right size while still on the backing paper. The front sections also have the curves too.. blending round the curves of the arches is pretty easy as the viny will stretch.. i was thinking you could do the pinstripe in 2 or 3mm chrome.. not tried that yet though.. its on the To Do list..

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I did some messing about with the steering wheel today. I used what I think is an Axial wheel which I attached to a metal rod and then drilled through the dash and on through the firewall, then poked it throught. This was done with the intention of possibly connecting it to a servo.

img_0418.jpg

Even though I raised the dash from the stock position it’s still a tight squeeze, the bottom of the wheel sitting very snugly on Arnie’s legs.

p1010033.jpg

His arms can now reach the wheel.

p1010032.jpg

However he has next to no chance of comfortably reaching the gear stick.

p1010036.jpg

I chucked a few scale accessories in the back and then thought, that would be pretty dangerous in real life so I’ll probably get a bench seat, maybe the TF2 one and stick it in the back.

p1010038.jpg

I also added some black styrene type card stuff at the back under the bed.

p1010040.jpg

Quite a few bits still to do.

Cheers, Charlie

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Arnie looks quite comfy in there :-)

I found similar fit issues concerning getting a driver to reach the gearstick despite extensively reposing both the figure and the seat position.. guess the driver has to lean forward a lot to do it..

liking that steering wheel too, chrome really sets it off and bringing it away from the dash looks miles better.. no more scraped knuckles 👿

was thinking some large storage boxes or wooden crates may look good in the back

Al..

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers Al, I’m going to add a bench in the back and then put a few scale bits behind that. I’m just experimenting with some brake and reverse lights.

Cheers, Charlie

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I pinched the bench seat out of the HiLux. It was slightly too wide so I took out a section and fitted it between the wheel arches. I may yet trim a bit of the overhang at the top off.

img_0421.jpg

img_0422.jpg

There’s also some floor in there now between the seats. Now I can add a few scale accessories in the back without decapitation or impalement risk for Arnie ;-)

img_0424.jpg

Cheers, Charlie

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice work mines due in tomorrow, just hope I’ve enough brown left.

One thing I forgot to ask with the weathering, do you dawb it on and then use a rag to remove most of it, or are you dry brushing it on.

In my youth making small tamiya tanks I used to dry brush but on this guessing it’s excess and remove?

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers Bill. Usually I brush it all over and then dab it back with some kitchen roll. If I want it a little lighter I dip some kitchen roll in the pot and then dab it on. As it dries I sometimes wipe some away if I think it’s too heavy.

Charlie

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

charlie,
    you gonna add some carpet between the seats so it matches the front cab? If I could also suggest a bit of platicard on the back of the bench seat to match the floor then paint it body colour it could look like a fold down seat..

whats sticking up through the bed there too? is that one of the body post type mounts?

Al..

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes I have some felt left and will probably carpet that area. Most of the rear seats I’ve seen have the back finished with the same upholstery as the rest of the seat so I’ll leave that.

The original TF2 body mounts do indeed stick up through the holes in the bed. I’m going to need them or another solution as the side brackets allow the body to tip forward and back considerably.

I’ll shall probably use them and hide them with scale accessories.

Cheers, Charlie

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.