Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds RC4WD Chevy K5 Blazer Build

This topic contains 151 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    muddydisco
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Looking good. are you sure they both point in the same direction I know of some 4×4 that have rear shocks mounted in front of axle one side and rear of axle on the other side?

you can just see this 1991 chassis has it

http://www.2040-cars.com/_content/cars/images/66/322466/001.jpg

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    muddydisco wrote:
    Looking good. are you sure they both point in the same direction I know of some 4×4 that have rear shocks mounted in front of axle one side and rear of axle on the other side?

you can just see this 1991 chassis has it

http://www.2040-cars.com/_content/cars/images/66/322466/001.jpg

Ahh, thanks for that, I was getting a bit confused!

Charlie

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The BBC run repeats of one of my favourite shows when I was a kid, The Rockford Files.

I recorded some of them and thought I’d watch one today hoping to see a Blazer in a background shot. To my astonishment, Rocky, Jim Rockford’s dad used to drive one, or at least a GMC Jimmy.

It’s a silver and red scheme and although I’m not a huge fan of the colour scheme, the idea of doing a ‘Rockford Files’ Blazer really appeals to me.

rf11.jpg

rf2.jpg

rf3.jpg

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Think it would have looked better with the colours reversed myself.. however I do like the colour toned bars.. a nice touch..

Al..

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Damn I’d give anything to be back in those days, watching the rockford files, chips, all those old greats.

I’d be the same and go with a replica of that!! B)

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    bill wrote:
    Damn I’d give anything to be back in those days, watching the rockford files, chips, all those old greats.

That makes two of us :-)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Retrocosm wrote:
    bill wrote:

That makes two of us :-)

Three :) Rick Rosner, creator of CHiPs, is also behind 240 Robert, which is how I fell in love with Broncos. And yeah, Joanna Cassidy (piloting the Hughes 500) was my first crush :blush:

taff1969
    taff1969
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Defo go with the Rockford Files ::thumpsup:: Loved the show and I got the theme tune on my ipod :blush: 😆
    So if you going to do a video of it in the future the music is out there it would be rude not to

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

On further investigation and with some help from n00b over on the SBG forum it seems Rocky’s truck is probably a GMC Sierra Classic short bed pickup so it might be a bit of a leap from a Blazer but I’ll wait until the kit arrives and see what gives.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Any date for the arrival?

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    mark wrote:
    Any date for the arrival?

Friday, hopefully. :)

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Same for me. Had to pay VAT today :angry: On the plus side I put the wife’s phone number on the order and she paid it :whistle:

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hehe, nice one, no such luck for me, £20 on the nose.

Charlie

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s arrived early, ooh.

cb.jpg

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

We are expecting a detailed review.. ordered mines too

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.