Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds RC4WD Chevy K5 Blazer Build

This topic contains 151 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Here’s a new film I made, I used a gimbal for some smooth tracking shots, quite pleased with it:-

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So you know when you pinch bits off of a build for a new build with the intention of replacing them at some point.  Well it would appear that over 3 years have elapsed since I started ‘borrowing’ bits from this Blazer build.

Having recently binge watched the entire run of Stranger Things I had a hankering for a Blazer after repeatedly seeing Chief Hopper tearing around Hawkins in his.

So I again dug out the body and chassis for this build and set about putting it back together.  First thing needed was axles which I in turn ‘borrowed’ from my RCModelex Defender.  I managed to dig out some suitable drive shafts and fitted some RC4WD Bilstein shocks which I bought over a year ago, 100mm on the front and 80mm on the rear.  This meant I also had to nick the front shock hoops from a ‘retired’ Gelande II chassis.

The scale hubs had also been removed, I replaced the fronts with some 1/8 scale RC4WD Warn ones and the rears with some simple SSD ones.  This was after I’d pinched the wheels and tyres back from my YJ build, five lugs I know but such nice wheels.

P1100111P1100109

Also added are some RC4WD front fenders, the customs ones I orginally made never really fitted well enough.  I also had to replace the rear shackle mounts as I couldn’t find the originals, I opted for the reverse mounts (Z-S0415.)

P1100114

I also found a hitch set for the TF2.  It almost fitted out of the packet, I had to trim the license plate portion of the rear bumper and now it sits perfectly.  I had visions of towing my Sand Scorcher around on a trailer, and then I saw how expensive trailers are.

P1100113

I also painted some faux cut outs in the bed lid by the rear window.

P1100126

Overall it sits a bit higher now, probably the equivalent of a 4-6 inch lift.  I just need to sort out the electronics and then I’m looking forward to getting out with the old girl again.  She’s racked up over 80,000 Youtube views since the original build so I think it’s time she saw the light of day again.  I am of course left with a D90 with no axles and a YJ with no wheels.  I wonder how long they’ll be on the shelf for.

P1100120

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.