Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Range Rover Classic

This topic contains 125 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 10 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice progress and good work with the donor seat! I tried to download the JS Scale seat but the link has expired. Had a quick search for the file and alternatives but no luck 🙁 Might print some bits for ‘stuff’ in the back instead

Thanks, I do like a fix out of the parts box.  Speaking of which, the fuel filler cap provided with the JSScale kit is the wrong shape for the build I’m doing.  It’s a rectangular one whereas I needed a round one.  Had a root through the Axial box and came up with a shock cap which was just the right size.  Chopped of the hoop and cut it down to size, works quite well.  Excuse the crap pictures, camera battery was dead and had to use the phone in poor light.

IMG_3297

I also added a spare wheel in the back, I modelled it on this screen grab from a Harry’s Garage Youtube video on the Classic which has been very useful for reference.

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 21.44.04

I realised afterwards that the tyre I used was hopelessly too wide but the concept works.  I might trim the width on it and try again.  I just cut out and stuck some thin rubber sheet to it for the cover.

IMG_3296

I’ve also knocked up some rough front inner fenders, they look better from the other side, honest.

IMG_3288

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve added in a transmission tunnel, just need to find some suitable carpet material in the correct colour or something I can paint.

P1100630

I’ve also added some mud flaps at the rear, cut out of the same rubber sheet I used for the interior.

P1100635

I’ve got the electronics in and all working so she moves which is always a nice moment.  Forum member Geoff very kindly donated some more badges so I could complete the front.  There are still quite a few jobs left to do such as actually mount the body, secure the driver, finish the interior, touch up some paint, add the front plate and on and on.

Anyway here are some 90% complete pictures in the garden.

P1100667

P1100664

P1100653

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice progress Charlie! Looks much more ‘real’ in the garden and natural light

The Range have a load of felt and material in the craft section that may be suitable for a carpet, did get a few looks though…. grown man looking at felt!!! 😀 😀 😀

also loads of different spray paints in the DIY side.

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks Great, I like it. Well Done !

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice progress Charlie! Looks much more ‘real’ in the garden and natural light The Range have a load of felt and material in the craft section that may be suitable for a carpet, did get a few looks though…. grown man looking at felt!!! 😀 😀 😀 also loads of different spray paints in the DIY side.

Thanks chap, I’ll take a look, we have a Dunelm not far away and I have been known to loiter there amongst the materials 😉

Looks Great, I like it. Well Done !

Thanks Geoff 🙂

I decided to treat myself to a CCHand metal front bumper, this has both a mount for the number plate and the hole in the bumper for the engine hand crank.  Well, I thought it was a hole, turns out it’s more of an indentation so I filled it with a black wash to make it look like a hole.  The eagle eyed will notice that my Range Rover lettering is again the in the process of falling off, not quite sure what to do about this, has anyone else experienced this problem?

P1100687

I also made up an exhaust pipe out of some styrene tube and added that, painted in Tamiya titanium silver.

P1100702P1100708

I’ve also narrowed the spare tyre in the boot.

P1100720

P1100693

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Getting hard to tell the difference between a real one and this.

Ive heard good reports about shoe goo as it’s got a slight give to it.

I use Gorilla super glue as there’s no fogging

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I echo what Mark said, very convincing!

Sorry but I have to steal the exhaust idea 😀

I’ve got enough letters spare for Range Rover if you can make use of them?? Not exactly scale but yours if any good

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Getting hard to tell the difference between a real one and this. Ive heard good reports about shoe goo as it’s got a slight give to it. I use Gorilla super glue as there’s no fogging

Thanks chap, I’m a big fan of shoo goo and it would certainly hold them on, the problem would be applying it in such tiny amount to such small letters.

I echo what Mark said, very convincing! Sorry but I have to steal the exhaust idea 😀 I’ve got enough letters spare for Range Rover if you can make use of them?? Not exactly scale but yours if any good

Thanks chap, steal away hehe, I first made an exhaust this way for the Cruiser and it works really well.  I’m going to get in touch with the chap at JSScale and see what his views are on the letters and maybe see if there was a duff batch with not enough adhesive.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I popped down to the local abandoned quarry today, it was very dry and extremely dusty which made for some very scale dust, too much of it at some points.  However I took the opportunity to grab a load of photos.

P1100989

P1100992

P1100970

P1100956

P1100938

P1100931

P1100915

P1100900

P1100891

P1100856

P1100826

P1100816

P1100766

P1100762

P1100755

P1100751

P1100747

P1100746

P1100739

Then this man eating, giant dog turned up and we had to make a run for it.

P1100774

Paulw
    Paulw
    • Hitting The Trail
    • ★★★

Hi Charlie, This looks great, a really good job you’ve done. It made me laugh scrolling the pics at the quarry because it looked so real and then this giant dog appears !! Top work, see you soon 🙂

Alex
    Alex
    • Looking For Mud

Wow! You’ve done an amazing job there!

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Charlie, This looks great, a really good job you’ve done. It made me laugh scrolling the pics at the quarry because it looked so real and then this giant dog appears !! Top work, see you soon 🙂

Cheers Paul, I was working my way through the pictures and then bam, the dog looked so big hehe!

Wow! You’ve done an amazing job there!

Thank you Alex 🙂

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve seen your builds for years now but it never ceases to amaze me how you bring it all together and finish it off with the most epic photos. Truly awesome stuff there mate, love it.

Bit sad that I know you’ll shelve this now for the next build!!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve seen your builds for years now but it never ceases to amaze me how you bring it all together and finish it off with the most epic photos. Truly awesome stuff there mate, love it. Bit sad that I know you’ll shelve this now for the next build!!

Thank you so much fella.  I enjoyed driving this so much and it’s not quite finished yet, (I have a roof rack on the way and I still need to find some windscreen wipers) so it’s definitely going to be going on plenty of future adventures.

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Amazing photos, they look so realistic Well done. 👍

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.