Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Range Rover Classic

This topic contains 82 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well, if I could I’d rename this thread the Ange Rover Cockup.  This is turning into one of those builds that just isn’t going the way I wanted.  Disheartened by the less than ideal paint job I’ve left this in the cupboard for a while despite having a pile of bits for it.

Anywhoose I thought I’d do a little more.  I opened up the JSScale interior that I’ve had for several weeks to have a look.  Some of it is very nice, the dash, seats and so on, the rear bed and front floor plan however are pretty flimsy so I think I’ll be using my own.

I added the rubber mirrors that I got from Loops RC and sprayed up the CCHand rear number plate mount and attached it, number plates are too small.  I also applied the CCHand decals and pomptly and ather fustatingly petty well immediately lost an ‘R’ so it’s now an Ange Rover!  The rear badge also has a curving up on the ends thing going on.

Oh well, sometimes it’s not meant to be, I think I shall get the interior, chassis, wheel fenders and everything sorted and then perhaps get hold of another body and try again.  This one I think I shall beat on and weather just to punish it for my own incompetence.

P1100090P1100086

This is what I was going for!

10738503545_672e0961c0_b

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

If you find the R, call it the Anger Rover!!

Well, jokes aside I think you’ve done a sterling job so far, I understand how the niggles make you feel but I think it looks great.

The mirrors and the lettering make a real difference!

Chin up and keep going….. I need the inspiration to restart mine

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Davy, much appreciated.  It’s funny how enthusiasm for a project can wane and yet on some other projects I find it difficult to stop working on them even when I should be doing other things.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice to see you pushing on with this. Since the interior is out I’m toying with getting one.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers, I’d like to see your take on one of these, make it so!

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mine’s arriving next week. Unfortunately it’s the one I’m using for the 12 hour Fix Enduro so it’s already been prepped and painted by JS Scale. Which is awesome of course, but means I’ll need a second to do the version I want…

Anyway, question if I may – what axles are those?

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mine’s arriving next week. Unfortunately it’s the one I’m using for the 12 hour Fix Enduro so it’s already been prepped and painted by JS Scale. Which is awesome of course, but means I’ll need a second to do the version I want… Anyway, question if I may – what axles are those?

I must admit I’m tempted to order a finished body from JSScale, the finish they get on the their paint is insane.  The axles are the NCYota ones from Bowhouse, the narrow, coiled, radius arm versions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thank you. In other news I just saw Giuseppe at crawler.it (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1011829855495484/permalink/2181065745238550/) is offering laser-cut emblems for the Range Rover.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.