Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Range Rover Classic

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

I really like that colour, it looks fab! What are your plans for the interior?

Thanks, classic Tuscan Blue, a really lovely colour.  I was intending to make an interior but I know the chaps at JSScale are working on a 3d printed one so I’m going to hang fire and see what materialises.

I had a good run at it today, started doing the detailing and quickly realised I need some new glasses!

Got the grill and lights assembled and installed.

P1090248-2

Rear light lenses and bumpers also installed.

P1090285-2

Window surrounds and vents etc done in matt black. You can see here that I ran the razor saw around the bottom of the c-pillar before spraying as I noticed on the 1:1s there’s a slight gap.

P1090241-2

I swapped out the 4mm hexes on the axles for 6mm ones, I think it puts the wheels in just the right place although the tyres are unfortunately too wide, I may have to get some narrow Boom Racing ones.

P1090277-2

P1090269-2

Still need to do the door handles, filler cap etc but pleased with the progress thus far.  It’s sitting a little high at the moment, I’ll reassess when it’s fully loaded and if the suspension hasn’t sagged a little I’ll swap out the springs for some softer ones.

P1090263-2

P1090292-2

P1090273-2

P1090298-2

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

Davy Crockett
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

I want to blaspheme profusely but it looks absolutely delightful!

Glad you posted cos I needed inspiration for painting the rear lights 😀

I decided to do mine a beige colour, Sahara dust was the choice but prices locally were ridiculous!

Couple of tests I went for Ford Coral Beige (not authentic RRC I know)

As a side note, the lights are painted with glass paint from the range, £2 per pot and mixed yellow and red for orange 🙂

Sysop
        Retrocosm
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

Looking good.  For the rear lights you need to decide what year you’re going for.  I went for the original design:-

range-rover-1971-for-sale_orig

However they then changed them I believe to incorporate a fog light.  This latter design matches up better with the segments on the body.

1980 Range Rover Rear Lamp Cluster with Fog light

Sysop
          Retrocosm
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

I’ve started adding in the windows.  The side rears are one piece and quite thick, one window is offset from the other to mimick the way one slides over the other when opening.  I put a couple of thin lines of Tamiya flat aluminium on the them as I noticed they have metal end pieces on the 1:1s.

The supplied windows for the doors and the tailgate are strangely thin at around 0.3mm.  I decided not to use these, instead I employed them as templates and cut out some thicker, more sturdy replacements.

P1090305P1090310P1090314P1090318

ScaleAddict
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

perfection

Sysop
              Retrocosm
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

perfection

Thank you, I wouldn’t go that far hehe but much appreciated.

Sysop
                Retrocosm
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

Over the weekend I’ve made the wheel arches for the rear wheels.  The radius is a little larger than I’d have liked but I couldn’t see a way to cover the arch in the body without going this long as I didn’t want to go much higher.  I assume the 1:1s start from a lower point so these are not 100% scale accurate but I think they work.

P1090392

Plan is to spray the arches in the Tuscan Blue and then cover the rest with beige felt.

Something like this hopefully.

ecfe3img_1155-jpg

toyolien
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

Looks fab to me. The holes for the shocks to poke through look really neat and square, and i approve of that greatly. Great job.

Sysop
                    Retrocosm
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★

Looks fab to me. The holes for the shocks to poke through look really neat and square, and i approve of that greatly. Great job.

Cheers, getting such holes accurate is a rare occurence so I approve greatly of your approval lol.  Soon of course to be covered up and never seen again!

Sysop
                      Retrocosm
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

Sprayed the arches and started work on the side panels which will be covered in material.  Witness the nice smooth, almost shiny finish that I completely failed to achive on the exterior, grrrr.

IMG_1793

Ricardo6784
                          • Ready To Trail
                          • ★★

Nice work.

Did you paint the body as one or piece by piece?

Sysop
                          Retrocosm
                            • Scale Off Road Pro
                            • ★★★★★★

Cheers, I sprayed it fully assembled although I left the bonnet and doors slight ajar so to ensure there was enough overlap.  I have in the past sprayed bits separately but I don’t have the painting skills to ensure a uniform covering.

Ricardo6784
                              • Ready To Trail
                              • ★★

I’ve the same Skills 🙂

My concerns are on the hinges.

raven62
                                • Scaling Like A Pro
                                • ★★★★★

The slight difference between outside and inside finish is true scale for a used car. You’ve made it very well !

Regards

Ralf

Sysop
                                Retrocosm
                                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                                  • ★★★★★★

I’ve the same Skills ? My concerns are on the hinges.

I don’t know what the answer is with the hinges, opening and closing the doors has already caused mine to flake off.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.