Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Range Rover Classic

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 1 hour, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I had scale doctors on my Frewer Range Rover but personally I prefer the Dick Cepeks.

Reception has just phoned to say a bloke has just dropped a box off that’s come from Luxembourg!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi, will this fit my  vaterra ascender ?

Thanks.

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks like a proper 70’s Range Rover with those panel gaps! 😉 I’m sure it’s a great kit to put together – how strong do you think it’ll be, will you bond all the panels in addition to the bolts?

Haha yes, the bonnet doesn’t quite line up properly but I thought hey, it’s the 1970’s and British manufacturing!  It’s very rigid now bolted and plenty strong enough, the plastic is quite thick.  I didn’t add any additional glue and am now wondering if I should, mmmm, the bolts are done up pretty tight, it should be OK.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I had scale doctors on my Frewer Range Rover but personally I prefer the Dick Cepeks. Reception has just phoned to say a bloke has just dropped a box off that’s come from Luxembourg!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Woohoo, the chap at JSScale has been busy, these things are popping up all over the world!

Hi, will this fit my vaterra ascender ? Thanks.

I don’t see why not.  It comes with fitting brackets for the SCX10 and TRX-4 so you should be able to find a way to fit it.  I’m not sure what the WB is on the Ascender but assume that too can be altered if required.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Geoff wrote:

Hi, will this fit my vaterra ascender ? Thanks.

I don’t see why not. It comes with fitting brackets for the SCX10 and TRX-4 so you should be able to find a way to fit it. I’m not sure what the WB is on the Ascender but assume that too can be altered if required.

If my memory serves, axle thread to thread is c.220mm wide and c.313mm wheelbase on the K5 blazer.

Bronco chassis is shorter

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve had a couple hours and range rover body 80% built, fits pretty good on my Ascender chassis after a bit of modification!

Ascender had some swamper clone tyres, about 100mm diameter and gave it a non-scale but nicely aggressive/off road look.

Tried the scale doctors…. 95mm diameter and I think they’re just a bit small?? Obviously depends on what look the individual is going for….

Sorry to be no help… 😀 😀

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I tried the Scale Doctors too, I think they are just a tad too small at 94mm. I think tyres with an OD of 95 – 96mm should be just right. The 1.55 Dick Cepek Fun Country that I have look right in terms of diameter however they are too wide.

For some reason the 1.9 version of the same tyre is narrower so would look better from that perspective, however the OD on them is 96.7mm which may be too big.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.