Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds RadshapeRC T-Rail Chassis with Defender 90

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    igbandy
      • Scaling Like A Pro
      • ★★★★★

Am I the only person who hates setting up 4 links on a chassis?, spent a bit of time on the rear of the 90 tonight. These links are mock up`s, and will be remade out of 8mm Delrin rod. I was going to use some TLT shocks with cut down springs, but they dont offer enough travel due to the shock body being quite long for the size of shock :dry:

Rear%2520links.jpg

Tim_
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Links are easy if you’re sticking to the norm, Andy ;) 😆

Will you be putting a bend into the delrin ones?

igbandy
          • Scaling Like A Pro
          • ★★★★★

I wont be putting a bend in the delrin rod Tim, because if you bend delrin rod it stresses it and it will break as its loses its strength.

I guess I could cut some bent links out of delrin sheet with my scroll saw eventually.

igbandy
            • Scaling Like A Pro
            • ★★★★★

Right, just about happy now with the links and shock set up. Shocks are Tamiya TLT`s with Losi Mini T shock springs.

Rolling%2520Chassis%252001.jpg
            The rolling chassis

Front%2520links%252001.jpg
            Front set up

Rear%2520links%252001.jpg
            Rear set up (really dodgy photo)

Rear%2520shocks%252001.jpg
            Rear shock setup

Front%2520shocks%252001.jpg
            Front shock setup, just a slight rub on the springs.

Body%2520front%2520side%252001.jpg
            Body mounted up, I am fairly happy with the tire clearance and ride height.

Rear%2520arch%252001.jpg
            Rear articulation is about right, no rubbing and the suspension will compress a little bit more.

Front%2520arch%252001.jpg
            Front articulation is spot on, no rubbing at all 8)

kIDDEAD83
              • Scaling Like A Pro
              • ★★★★★

I am like the shock choice… Problem I can see with the chassis is that with the lower links been hung low on those mounts they can get hung up on stuff… I would think that the lower links should mount right to the chassis with the upper links mounted to the mount plates the same way that you are mounting the body upside down, but mounted to the inside of the chassis… Just an Idea…

igbandy
                • Scaling Like A Pro
                • ★★★★★

I am going to make a lower skid, to help account for how the link mounts sit.

igbandy
                  • Scaling Like A Pro
                  • ★★★★★

Done a bit more to this D90, sorted out the transmission layout.

Transmission%252001.jpg

Also paid Chris over at RadshapeRC a visit today, got the thumbs up from him for this 90 as of yet :D.

I also acquired some Light protectors that they have started to make for the D90/110 shells.

RadshapeRC%2520Land%2520Rover%2520Light%2520Guards.jpg

The top set is the production black anodised version, the lower set is a pre-production set. I am not sure how much they are going to be as yet.

Bill
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

I’m following suite mate, got my d90 shell at the weekend and a radshape chassis with sdi axles off of Dale. Can’t wait!!

Might be asking a few questions! :whistle: ;) ;) ;)

igbandy
                      • Scaling Like A Pro
                      • ★★★★★

No problem Bill, ask away. You might even get a straight answer :whistle: ;)

I also picked up one of the following as well.

http://www.radshapercshop.com/fastrax-2light-set-wroll-bar-prod-617.html

Thought that it might look OK on the front of this 90.

fast307-2.jpg

Bill
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

Cheers bud, oh thanks again for the winch help on Saturday, made all the difference. think I’m going to try an arb style front bumper some how, but we’ll see.

Anonymous
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

i need some of them headlamp protectors!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

igbandy
                            • Scaling Like A Pro
                            • ★★★★★
                            bill wrote:
                            Cheers bud, oh thanks again for the winch help on Saturday, made all the difference. think I’m going to try an arb style front bumper some how, but we’ll see.

No problem Bill, glad to help out :)

GAZ wrote:
                            I NEED SOME OF THEM HEADLAMP PROTECTORS!! :BLUSH: :BLUSH: :BLUSH:

No need to blush Gaz :side: , they will be on his website soon. I dont think that they will be anywhere near the price of the others that are available.

I also asked Chris about maybe doing some rear light protector`s. He is going to look into it. Oh and a SWB version of the T-Rail for another project that I was measuring up whilst I was there :whistle:

Earl
                              • Scale Off Road Pro
                              • ★★★★★★

Looking very nice Andy.

I just wish people would stop building all these lovely D90s. What with this 1, gaz’s new one and now bill! It is taking all of my will power to resist starting one of my own :S

igbandy
                                • Scaling Like A Pro
                                • ★★★★★
                                Earl wrote:
                                Looking very nice Andy.

I just wish people would stop building all these lovely D90s. What with this 1, gaz’s new one and now bill! It is taking all of my will power to resist starting one if my own :S

I will have two by the time this is finished :silly:

Drakken
                                  • Scaling Like A Pro
                                  • ★★★★★

Is there any disadvantages on using tlt shocks compared to the kit standard scx-10 shocks as i really prefer the look of those tlt’s, They suit the Defender much better size wise compared to the chunky SCX ones on a scale point of view for me

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.