Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds R.A.C. – Ravens amphibious Car

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raven62raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi there,

between the ugly wrecker Samil and the following Build I’ve realised a dream from my youth. A floating crane.

IMG_9662

Full functional of course. 🙂

But, this is an off-road forum. So I’d like to show you my next Build.

Unsusual as usual and scale in a specific way.

Amphibious cars are not new but I want a amphibiuos car that was on water just as fast as on land.

The military m3 bridge building vehicle with his simple technique was a first starting point in my mind. But it is in water very slow because the whole Body with tires etc. is in water too.

So I’ve decide to adapt the military part and raise his functionality with the possibility to get the car out of the water.

In words it is hard to describe so I’ve made a short animation to show you the principle.

Please, take a look at :  https://www.instagram.com/p/B6vb6V1CEnQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Building self the base car with all his links and other usual parts should be boring to me, and after traxxas launched his strong and waterproofed trx6 I can directly go to the more exicting parts of the build.

But not before Testing the trx6 under real conditions 🙂

IMG_9546IMG_9683IMG_9545

muddy waters

Never before I’ve build a boathull or floats (the floating crane has a very simple squared hull) therefore my next steps are to get knowledge about this for me new terrain of laminating.

Parallel the planning of the combined Floats and Drivers Cabins are going on. Actual Standing

basisfahrzeug v13basisfahrzeug v13-2

Stay tuned for updates

Regards

Ralf

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow Ralf, that crane! And now this, I love your ambition, creativity and can do attitude. This will be amazing.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

raven62raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks for your kind words.

Today i‘ve made my first attempt to build the forms for the floats.

9C56626D-A974-4F50-B30D-86F3F23DB8BA

The rough shape is done. Next are 3d shaping sanding and laminating.

I wonder how many iterations i‘ll need for   a good finish.

Regards

Ralf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.