Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Quick TFL Bronco Build

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That would be 4s, although I think it probably would have gone with 3S I was no where near full throttle when it let go.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ouch, are they still making those cases, looks difficult to fix?

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ouch, are they still making those cases, looks difficult to fix?

sadly no longer available, not even via shapeways.

That said the fix seems to have been fairly simple, although I need to try it out to see how well it stays together. 20181001_181916

20181001_181923

As the axle tubes are square I cut some suitable length pieces of steel box section, made and attached the link mounts and made a new upper link mount/axle brace. The steel tube was heated and the nylon axle parts pressed into form a snig fit, then I epoxied everything together. I am currently waiting on some short M3 grubscrews to reinforce the joints and then I shall give it all a quick coat of matt black and shove it back in the Bronco. Test run will be at the nationals 🙂

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Very impressive, I must admit I would have given up on that.  If it can survive the Nats that will be a job well done.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Very impressive, I must admit I would have given up on that. If it can survive the Nats that will be a job well done.

It helps having the tools and experience I have gained over the years, especially as I often modifiy axles to suit my needs, but this one was in all honesty quite a simple fix. I probably only spent an hour actually fixing it, most of the delay was letting the epoxy cure fully during the final re-assembly.

So tonight I got it all back together.

20181004_19372520181004_193713

Next update will be post Nationals and will probably envolve a long list of broken bits 🙂

Thanks as ever for looking.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Right then, post nationals update.

Only took 3 pictures due to enjoying myself and 2 of them were out of focus 🙁

20181013_104604

Only one breakage to report, sadly it was the rear axle again. It survived about 150 gates and then one of the portal boxes detached it’s self. again none of the internals got damaged or lost, so I retired the rig for the rest of the weekend (after a mad rush, in the hotel room on saturday evening assisted by Mark, to fit a spare set of SCX10-II axles I had with me.)

After chatting with Tedd and Chris (Mad Moose) I managed to procure a new rear axle casing (they are no longer in production and the files have also been removed from shapeways).

So tonight the rear axle was built up and the both were re-fitted. I also took the opportunity to fit some different wheels with a little more weight added for good measure. The wheels are 2.2 RC4WD racelines with 1.9 Pitbull Rock beasts.

20181024_18335120181024_19295920181024_193013

20181024_192941

Thanks as ever for looking in,

More soon………

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.