This topic contains 68 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s pretty much finished now. Already have a small list of enhancements, including tipping bed to get access to beneath the bed, mud flaps, and a license plate. But here’s the photos –

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_07.jpg

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_08.jpg

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_09.jpg

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_10.jpg

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_11.jpg

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_12.jpg

First real run tomorrow at Addlesone with the LSTR ::thumb::

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Had its first real run today, which was not without incident. It rolled, and took no damage from that. Had a few scapes along rocks which I’ve yet to inspect (it’s late-o-clock now), and some undefinable place at an indefinable moment in time I lost an entire windscreen wiper.

Having a bed is useful when laying out courses ;)

Oshkosh_Addlestone_01.jpg

Oshkosh_Addlestone_02.jpg

Oshkosh_Addlestone_03.jpg

I think it was around this point that I switched from the Growlers back to the TSL Boggers. I’d never run Growlers before today but had great expectations after all the rave reviews I’ve heard. I was sorely disappointed. CI foams in there as recommended but they just loaded up on mud and… meh. Über meh actually.

Oshkosh_Addlestone_04.jpg

This was a happy encounter. That’s Jon’s Jeep Chief. I want one of my own now ::rolleye

Oshkosh_Addlestone_05.jpg

I’m terrible at photos but this one came out almost ok.

Oshkosh_Addlestone_06.jpg

Oshkosh_Addlestone_07.jpg

So in the end even though willkrawl graciously held onto the last scorecard for me, I didn’t comp the truck. Just followed along after everyone else and played. Fun day out ::cool

4WheelRC
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Oshkosh looks awesome out in the wild ::thumb:: Gutted I missed the meet yesterday.

IMHO the Pitbull Growlers are okay for dry/rock but definitely not a muddy Addlestone (lug spacing is too small)! Boggers were a good decision. If you haven’t tried them, its worth giving the “RC4WD Mud Slinger 2 XL 1.9” a look as they are great… paddling mud strangely enough (then you can just run Rock Beasts for everything else) ;-)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    4WheelRC wrote:
    Oshkosh looks awesome out in the wild ::thumb:: Gutted I missed the meet yesterday.

IMHO the Pitbull Growlers are okay for dry/rock but definitely not a muddy Addlestone (lug spacing is too small)! Boggers were a good decision. If you haven’t tried them, its worth giving the “RC4WD Mud Slinger 2 XL 1.9” a look as they are great… paddling mud strangely enough (then you can just run Rock Beasts for everything else) ;-)

Thanks. I have Rock Beasts (average cheese version, not XL) and not blown away by them either. To be fair I have single-stage CI foams in them which is WAY too hard for my trucks which (as I discovered yesterday) tend to be pretty light.

So, for now I’m sticking with what’s been amazing for me – the 1.7 TSL Boggers on 1.9 wheels for class 2. Need to find a decent class 1 tyre, but as I don’t yet have a class 1 truck (Oshkosh qualifies but is more trail than comp) there’s no rush.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

*puts scalpel down and walks away from work area wondering what the point is*

I must have missed when this got moved to the ‘forums finest’ so congratulations, fully worthy! ::thumb::

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Grasshopper wrote:
    I must have missed when this got moved to the ‘forums finest’ so congratulations, fully worthy! ::thumb::

Me too ::eek Thank you, fully unworthy though :blush:

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolute shoe-in for forum’s finest, congrats :cheers:

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Retrocosm wrote:
    Absolute shoe-in for forum’s finest, congrats :cheers:

::eek ::thumb::

It’s been on my mind ever since Jonny mentioned it, so it’s got Mil-Spec ZXLs on Gear Head UTE Wheels with Delrin beadlock rings.

Rc_Oshkosh_Fmtv_Tyres_01.jpg

Love the look, but worried about myself. Finding fault with world + dog lately, and these wheels needed a 1.3mm hex driver to screw together…

::bitchin

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as Dr. Tenma said. I think the wheels need to be painted the same colour as the body, also as Jonny called it!

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

You know I’m always right :whistle: :-)

And your problems with the front suspension… try moving the shock mount position outward so the shock is on the outside of the mount on the axle (I think I had to do it on the black jeep that mark has now), just brings the shock away from the frame a little.

Parts needed: longer bolt and a spacer…

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.