Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale RC News Now at a much lower price, some one may be interested…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JoshJosh
    • Topics 7
    • Replies 22
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

After many stressful deliveries at work today I opened a box which contained these ThunderTiger Toyota Hilux’s…

I’ve seen them before at around the £200 mark. when I heard that all 3 colours where now available too us at a retail of £109.99. pretty much the same chassis set up as the new team associated 1/12 crawler.

https://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/AS40001/team-associated-cr12-ford-f-150-pick-up-rtr-black

Bit suspicious…

Only real difference I can see being the licenced Toyota shell and bumpers. all for now £100 less!!!

It has a generic ESC (same as axials AE-5 and team Durango’s version,the reedy one etc)

All metal links except the main steering linkage.

chassis mounted steering servo, standard size.

380 brushed motor

enough room to throw the LiIon battery in the bin and use a good sized 2200-3000 2s LiPo

Steel chassis, metal battery plate, 4 link suspension, full size 80mm shocks from what I could tell and many other nice bits.

I think it would be  a good base for anyone looking for a platform for a smaller build or cheap run about.

https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/thunder-tiger-toyota-hilux-1-12-pick-up-truck-black-united-kingdom-plug-rtr

https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/thunder-tiger-toyota-hilux-4×4-pick-up-truck-red-uk-plug-rtr-red

I can also get blue, I only have one of each in stock but can order more when they sell.

sorry the quality is the best, the lens on my phone has dust behind it…

Jamie teeJamie tee
    • Topics 35
    • Replies 643
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks nice could be interested in one for garden crawling

all so you work in SMC ?

JoshJosh
    • Topics 7
    • Replies 22
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

I do, have been for about 3 years. sadly we don’t have the best selection of crawling goodies but its getting better.

Jamie teeJamie tee
    • Topics 35
    • Replies 643
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I do, have been for about 3 years. sadly we don’t have the best selection of crawling goodies but its getting better.

Cool SMC is my local hobbie shop im only a 10 minute walk from there 👍 the last thing I bought from you guys was some RC4WD ball ends and they were locked up I know RC4WD stuff is expensive and all 😂

JoshJosh
    • Topics 7
    • Replies 22
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

There not locked up for that reason, its my little bit of space so people can see that we stock RC4WD stuff. Also if it wasn’t there it would be in one of the “stuff dumps” near the spares… before I moved them to stop them falling off the wall and getting lost as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.