Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale Crawler Groups & Events North Wales,Cheshire,Northwest,Rc Scale & Crawler Funduro 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The North Wales,Cheshire,Northwest,Rc Scale & Crawler Facebook Group are putting on their Funduro charity event again this year.

For those who haven’t heard of the event, the Funduro began in 2018 and has so far raised more than £5000 for the blood cancer charity Bloodwise, This years event is being held at Bracken Rocks, the same as last years event.

It’s 2 day event with the main element being a 12hr endurance run around the course.

The course is made up of a mixture of man-made and natural obstacles, and if last years was anything to go by,making far better use of the terrain than the G6 and the Nationals.

This year the event is going to be held on the 11th and 12th of July. You don’t have to do the entire 12hr event you can just turn up, pay a small (to be confirmed) fee and run the course for fun on either day.

I believe there will be some onsite camping, and the burger van/catering has also been booked.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

damohickdamohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve just booked in for this and paid the fees, looking forward to it! Is anyone else planning to attend?

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m booked in for the Saturday.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Taken from the facebook page for the event.

As a guideline heres last years event schedule and rules:

12 HR FUNDURO SCHEDULE

Gates open at 6a.m

Concourse entry opens 6.30am, near to the course control hut, prizes awarded during drivers briefing at 7.45 am

8am course opens/event starts
    1pm course closes/event suspended

1pm-2pm official lunch break and raffle draw

2pm track re- opens/ event re-starts

9.45pm course closes/ event ends

Drivers will be booked in and out of the course if they need to leave for re-charging /repairs/collecting tools or spares.
    Time off course will be classed as penalties and will be added to your finish time of 9pm

Eg a driver who has amassed 30 mins of time penalties will have a finish time of 9.30pm

Theres a maximum time penalty allowance of 45 mins per entrant ( hence the 9.45pm finish). Any one driver incurring more than 45 minutes penalties will not complete the 12hr event.

To keep penalties to a minimum, repairs are allowed on course but please do not block the use of either pathways or the course for other entrants

Toilets will be included in the course area

THE COURSE:

The course will be marked by acending numbered gates 1,2,3,4 etc, the left gate marker will be a plain flag, the right marker will be numbered, please keep the right numbered gate on the right hand side of your rig to assure your doing the course in the correct direction.

If you knock over or damage a gate marker please ensure you reinstate the gate marker before moving to the next gate

THE START

Event to start at 8 am, endurance drivers will enter the course and can choose a starting gate, please allow a bit of space between yourselves and other drivers, especially groups as they may take sometime to complete a gate/section

DRIVER ETIQUETTE:

Single or groups of drivers, if theres a section your struggling with or your group size is causing other drivers to qeue behind you, please allow those drivers past before re-commencing

RIG RULES:
    Basically there is non, the event is open to all scale and crawlers with a maximum track width of 320mm.
    The event is a driver/rig endurance event however if there is a terminal issue with a rig or you want to run several rigs in the event you can as spare rigs will incur no penalties

RECHARGING

Drivers are responsible for their own means of recharging batteries, either via 12v car/ leisure battery or via 230v generators.

If Lipo’s are being charged, please take every reasonable precaution to charge them in a safe manner. A lipo bag or other fireproof container is advised and sensible charge

RUBBISH:
    Please keep the site tidy, we’re responsible for any mess left behind. Any rubbish you create please take it home with you

TOILETS
    There is plumbed in male and female toilets onsite

PARKING
    We’ll endeavour to park you all sensibly so that you can get out when req or incase of emergency however if the parking area is busy blockages may occur

ABOUT AND AROUND THE SITE
    As with most of the scale areas we all run in expect mud/dirt etc around the course, take care when wandering around.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m tempted.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m tempted.

Would be good to see you at this, it’s a much more light hearted event than the Nat’s or G6.

I have pretty much convinced my self to try doing the whole 12 hour endurance run, but with my record for breaking things at Bracken Rocks I need to build at least 8 more rigs so I can have one for each of the 12 hours 🙂

FatFreddyFatFreddy
    • Looking For Mud

Hi Pete,

Are you part of the The North Wales,Cheshire,Northwest,Rc Scale & Crawler Facebook Group?

Its just that I’d like more info about the Funduro but you have to be a member of the group to view it. I don’t do Facebook but I have a (very obviously)”fake” account that I set up just to play scrabble with mum.

Anyway, if you are in any way connected to them, could you pass on to whoever runs the Facebook page that if they get a request to join the group from a gamier accounted (for some reason Facebook didn’t believe that “Gaming Account” is my real name??!!), that I am an actual person. Thanks.

Fred

The older I get, the better I was.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Pete, Are you part of the The North Wales,Cheshire,Northwest,Rc Scale & Crawler Facebook Group? Its just that I’d like more info about the Funduro but you have to be a member of the group to view it. I don’t do Facebook but I have a (very obviously)”fake” account that I set up just to play scrabble with mum. Anyway, if you are in any way connected to them, could you pass on to whoever runs the Facebook page that if they get a request to join the group from a gamier accounted (for some reason Facebook didn’t believe that “Gaming Account” is my real name??!!), that I am an actual person. Thanks. Fred

Will do.  Happen to be meeting with a couple of the admins tonight so will put a good word in for you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FatFreddyFatFreddy
    • Looking For Mud

Will do. Happen to be meeting with a couple of the admins tonight so will put a good word in for you.

Thanks👍

The older I get, the better I was.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.