Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale RC News New From Gmade – GS02

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

Just spotted this over on the RCMart website, a new truck from Gmade.

gs2gs1

GS02 Feature Highlights

Dual Slipper Clutch
      All Metal Internal Gears
      Hardened Carbon Steel Universal Joints
      Axle-

Kingpin Angle in Front Axle
      Zero Ackerman Steering
      Hi Steer Knuckle Arm
      Metal Diff Locker
      Hardened Carbon Steel CVA Kit

BOM_teaser_4_1920X1080_-1BOM_teaser_5_1920X1080_

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

Grasshopper
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

That looks pretty cool although I’ve not heard much about Gmade trucks – there’s the Sawback I’ve seen before, but not actually heard from anyone that has one. To the point I’ve seen more people that have gone to great trouble converting the large scale toy Jeeps to radio control rather than just getting a Sawback (like yourself, didn’t you do a red one I seem to remember?)

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

Sysop
        Retrocosm
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

A couple of people at the Northants club run Gmade trucks, a Komodo and a Sawback, they’re not the most capable trucks out of the box but they look pretty cool.

On first impressions they seem to have gone the opposite way with this one, looks as though it’s going to be very capable but it’s not a looker is it.

I did indeed convert a Hasbro Jeep, but it’s rather large at 1/6 scale.

Grasshopper
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

I quite like the looks to be honest! Like a late 70’s/early 80’s converted Ford – at least I think it’s nicer than a lot of the unlicensed lexan bodies out there at the moment.

I still have a soft spot for Axial though for some reason, I’d have an SCX10 II in a heartbeat over a lot of what’s out there, I reckon this will be similarly priced.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

Sysop
            Retrocosm
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Well the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things hehe!  I’m interested to see how the tyres and the axles perform, the steering looks like it’s going to be good out of the box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.