Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds New beginnings for my Gelande

This topic contains 76 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Grasshopper 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

“Sheer minutes of fun’ reminds me of running a Sand Scorcher back in the 80s.  Hours of charging for 10 minutes of fun.  What a shame about the window, I hope it’s an easy repair.  It looks so good out on the trail, I take it the rod end on the shock just came loose?

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ah yes, for me it was a Falcon; I’ve always been cheap.

As well as the minuscule run times, funny how when the battery died they still had enough charge to hold the angle of steering and careen off, uncontrolled into the nearest bush/road/child EVERY TIME.

The window damage isn’t a problem, just annoying – I did skimp on the CA as I didn’t want to fog them up.

Yep, the shock unscrewed itself from the rod end and sloughed the bottom spring somewhere in the foliage. A combination of cold hands and greasy shaft (oo-er) stopped me from doing a temp fix so I had to carry it half a mile back to the car. All easy to sort out though.

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.