Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds New beginnings for my Gelande

This topic contains 76 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Grasshopper 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Real top, Fake Bottom. the fake one I got was the same size, but the spool held less rope.! 0 a IMG_1102ss

My old Redcat bottom.

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

They do look pretty similar, does the cheap one actually work, like will it pull your truck up an incline? I’ve seen replacement motors for these and replacement winch line too if either of those is a weak point..

Cheap winch better than no winch? Ah well, I’ll wait and see.

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It could pull the Redcat, but as for reliability , I did not have it long enough .! 0 a Craz

Geoff in London    

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well, it’s painted. I wouldn’t say ‘painted well..’, but I’m lazily calling that part done (the spraying, anyway). Couple of pics from yesterday before the arches were done:

The Moog decided to join in. Miss Moogle. Moogly. Great googly moogly. Mogwai. Moggus. She doesn’t answer to any of ’em.

Today I did the arches, a good masking up for once! Well, not terrible. I’m happy.

Still a fair amount to do – all the small, final bits take the most time. The next main job is the rear windows. I’ve got a good grasp on the back window rubbers, I’m thinking of using some kind of network cable I salvaged from work. The added bonus being we couldn’t do any work for two days until our IT guys figured out what the problem was..

I jest of course. It only took them a couple of hours.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great. Love the colour. Any plans for a roll cage?

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great. Love the colour. Any plans for a roll cage?

I’d love a roll cage – I’ve even designed it out based on some 1:1 inspiration

But I’d have the whole cage attached to the sliders so it’s part of the chassis rather than attached to the body. The body would just crack at the fixing points anyway, I reckon 😀

I couldn’t make it myself though and I’m guessing a commission like that would be more than my life’s worth (if She finds out) 😀

I’ve got a roof guard off Sarge that I’ll prob fit to this instead. It may be able to be built upon at a later date I guess.

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Some Cars are too beautiful to let them out in the mud.

This is one, I guess.

Regards

Ralf

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Some Cars are too beautiful to let them out in the mud. This is one, I guess.

Ah, you’re too kind. Thank you though

Luckily the only mud around here is dry, a result of this crazy summer – rest assured this will get beaten and muddy soon enough.

A couple of pics of the radiator and grille, a nice little touch, not that it’ll be seen much, if at all.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Always slow progress near the end, couple of progress pics:

I need to make a heat shield for the exhaust and finish off the rear windows. I’ve not seen many people use the side-stripe decals with the G2 D90 kit – I didn’t like them for my other Defenders but something seemed to click for this one.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking great, the radiator has worked out really well!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Still waiting on the winch, which must be pulling itself incrementally along from China like a zombie from a Romero film.

Still haven’t done the back windows.

Still haven’t done the interior.

Still, I fancied a little run to test out the new servo, which happily seems to be very torquey compared to the one the committed hara kiri the other week. Perhaps it realised it was not man enough for the job and took the honourable way out.

No joke, about 5 seconds after I put the truck down I rolled it and broke off a wing mirror. I’ve rolled my other two D90’s numerable times, some really big ones, down rocks etc. and never broken these before! It was literally a slow lay-down on soft mud and it snapped!

Anyway, a couple of pics of it out in the wild:

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great. Very very Nice 👍

Geoff in London    

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks lovely. Proper ‘off roady’. It is crying out for a roll cage/bar though :o)

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great. Very very Nice 👍

Thank you kindly!

That looks lovely. Proper ‘off roady’. It is crying out for a roll cage/bar though :o)

I know, I know. Are you offering?  😀

Although I’ve already chipped some paint and got this dirty, it’ll continue being slowly added to until it’s where I want it. I haven’t even given it the obligatory black-wash to bring the panel lines out so I shouldn’t have really taken it out at this point. I’m just super impatient, bored at work and had nothing else to post 🙂

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I know, I know. Are you offering? 😀 Although I’ve already chipped some paint and got this dirty, it’ll continue being slowly added to until it’s where I want it. I haven’t even given it the obligatory black-wash to bring the panel lines out so I shouldn’t have really taken it out at this point. I’m just super impatient, bored at work and had nothing else to post 🙂

If i had more time i happily would, but i don’t :o(

I’m also a bit bored at work…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.