Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale RC News Mogalike from Axial

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Another SCX10.2 based release from Axial.  This time a a mog inspired looky likey kinda but not really, no portals either.

product_axi90075_umg10_950x570

axi90075_umg10_side_950x570

Full details here.

Ozzy001
    Ozzy001
    • Looking For Mud

That looks so cool, I love it 🙂

------

TRX-4: Tekin pro 35T | 16T/45T | Dick Cepek Mud Country 1.9"

Yeti: Builders kit | No Electronics - yet...

f.Stop_RC Instagram

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I like it, mainly because it’s not a Jeep. The static shots didn’t do much for me but in the video it looks great. Something different is always good!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s disappointed that the only new part is an unlicensed body but at least it’s a kit. I would have liked to have seen at least a front mounted motor if nothing else…

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yeah, I think Axial are mystified by the concept of a separate transfer case and gearbox. I guess when you deal mainly with lexan bodies the idea of an interior (that isn’t flat with some shoulders and a head attached) isn’t a main sticking point.

I still like Axial though, it was the first proper 4×4 RC kit I bought and I’m still impressed with the amount of extras, add ons and stickers etc. that was in there – even a big bottle of 30wt shock oil, which is still half full after nearly 9 years.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

In video looks better than that in photos. But Axial could have done portal axles when everyone is doing it. Or basing it in  some truck that didn’t use portals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.