Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Marks 2.2 Inch Willy

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by mark 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

I have so many stupid builds on the go and some will hopefully debut at the upcoming Recon G6

Im currently in Facebook Jail for not wanting to connect with old girlfriends and former classmates. I’m putting this time to great use by building stuff.

If any of you follow my Instagram sketchy pics pop up from time to time of some of the stuff I build.

I have the Jeep fever and theres more Jeeps to follow but for now.

Untitled by mhnhaven[/url], on Flickr

A few evenings later and it looked like this.

As I’m going 2.2 on this as a class 3 build I didn’t want it looking stock so I’m going for the pinched in look.

Rat rods have been my thing for years so Rolling coal it is with a 6BT

I’ve built it big to sit next to this

Im hoping for paint in the next few days and some new updates.

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Hitting The Trail

Big rubber on a small willy, story of my life ‘cough’….. you gotta love a Jeep, I’ll not be the only none wraith in class 3 then yay;)

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Where’s all the emojis gone? This thread could be full of them.

Class 3 Wraiths are so last season and Parker doesn’t like training wheels.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Crawler Pro

Ooh this looks interesting. I’ve subscribed!

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Crawler Pro

You win thread title of the year so far 😀

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Crawler Pro

Yep, I’m liking this very much, more please 🙂

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Thanks guys, can’t find the quote button.</p>
    More coming soon, battery placement is the bane of my existence at the moment but when I figure that out I’ll be able to update with some crazy details.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Crawler Pro

Nice start Mark. The quote button should be in the top right of a post

I keep thinking I need to do a 2.2 build, may be I will modify Mogenstien to take 2.2’s.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Nice start Mark. The quote button should be in the top right of a post I keep thinking I need to do a 2.2 build, may be I will modify Mogenstien to take 2.2’s.

Ha ha found it thanks. Not a fan of class 3  but I feel the need to fail there as well.

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Hitting The Trail

I just wanna have a go at beating some southern wraith boyz.

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Right so after contracting the plague I’m now a slimmer version of my former self and have done almost nothing since the last update. Today I made it run (me assembling a pile of bits into a runner never goes well). I’ve started the paint process but have yet to pick a final colour and I’m chipping away at the details.

I’ve upgraded from blue tape on the turbo to chrome tape.

And this is where it sits now.

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Hitting The Trail

Coming along nicely, And colours, it’s hard to think of something that hasn’t already been done but I kinda like the off white weathered Jeep that ran in the Ultimate Adventure a few years back.

Yuuta83
    Yuuta83
    • Up To Your Axles

Great build and sweet looking truck so far, I am digging that rusty red colour you have on it so far…

Current Rig ~ Rc4wd G2 FJ40 Cruiser

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

That looks proper evil, like it should be in one of those films like Duel, Killdozer or Maximum Overdrive where inanimate objects come to life and inexplicably start killing people.. Or have I just had too much caffeine this morn. Looks great.

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Coming along nicely, And colours, it’s hard to think of something that hasn’t already been done but I kinda like the off white weathered Jeep that ran in the Ultimate Adventure a few years back.

Yeah , thought about building that one but the metalwork put me off.

Great build and sweet looking truck so far, I am digging that rusty red colour you have on it so far…

Thanks, rusty red will be showing through.

That looks proper evil, like it should be in one of those films like Duel, Killdozer or Maximum Overdrive where inanimate objects come to life and inexplicably start killing people.. Or have I just had too much caffeine this morn. Looks great.

Thanks, evil yes. I have a future vid to shoot when I get better at vids for this.

Apologies for the delay in updating but nothing exciting has happened. Today I found time to paint some of the parts. The cab is still in need of styrene work and the colour is not quite where I want it but once its ruined it’ll be fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.