Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds M548 tracked cargo truck

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 109 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The window rubbers look good, how did you do that if I may ask?

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

The window rubbers look good, how did you do that if I may ask?

Thanks! In my head, the idea looked better but I’m satisfied

The rubber is like the insulation of electric wires. The real use it’s holding small trees and such. It’s sold in 200m rollsIMG_20180812_110951

Basically, dragged a x-acto inside it to split and glued to the “glass” with small drops of cyano glue

I think it’s possible to do with electric wire. Pulling at one end, splits the insulation easily

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Haha, excellent – I’m using the same idea for my D90 back windows but I glued the rubber around the frame and I’m now wondering how I put the glass in without it being recessed 2mm or so.. I didn’t even think about surrounding the glass rather than the hole.

I’m guessing it will be tricky with the curved windows but I’ll see what you do with them first!! 🙂

Many thanks!

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Yes, the curved windows were tricky. Had to use an heat gun to wrap the “glass” around a tube but the radius was not right

But i didn’t want to repeat the process and went with it

IMG_20180812_171359

Because i couldn’t use the same idea for rubber, did a paste with putty and black paint and applied around the window. Don’t look as nice but fill the gaps and it’s better than nothing 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Not really an update but modded my tension wheels . The problem is that sand and dirt seems to stuck between the tension wheel and tracks and make the tracks slip off the wheel entirely.

So, a couple holes on future wheels should improve something:

In the meanwhile, I’m waiting for a break to finish the last 2 windows

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.