Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds M548 tracked cargo truck

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 109 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Two fantastic builds. Are you calling them finished now? What’s next? 🙂

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching this come together and have been hugely impressed by the custom fabrication and attention to every little detail.  It’s so good to see something original, custom built from the ground up and superbly documented as well with great photography.  As such and having consulted with Pete I have moved it to the Forum’s Finest.

Cheers, Charlie

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Wow!! Thanks a lot… Much appreciated 🙂

It’s always good to have recognition for the work. This has been a fun build, had motivation and perfected some skills. Not to sound depressing but like the Unimog, I’ve started this build with my father and he is not longer here to show it finished 🙁

He’s was not into RCs but listened to the crazy ideas and plans for my projects like i will to try to do for my daughter

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Two fantastic builds. Are you calling them finished now? What’s next? 🙂

Thank you! What’s next? good question. I’ve been asked to do a replica of a Dragon Slayer for a friend. Pretty stocked to start

By the way,I was limited to use only one of my radios because of the mixing needed to make the truck move. I’ve tried sticks and didn’t like.I also need that same radio for the JK so instead of buying another expensive receiver I risked it for a solution 10 times cheaper:Ordered an Hobbywing V-tail mixer.

Should have done that ages ago. Simply connect the plugs and it’s ready. The crappy weather allowed indoor testing only but responds well and didn’t fail until now

The throttle and steering are progressive and depend on each other.  The only disadvantage it’s that at full throttle, have to lift a bit to steer. Besides that, works like a charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWU-hUpY98&feature=youtu.be

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

The truck it’s still broken so I did a simple thing that should have done long time ago: Glue the cushions for the seats

and begin to plan the new,stronger gearboxes

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi.

When i shoot the first video on the trail, had the chance to do something else

So, Bishop found a barrel at the middle of woods and had to retrieve it

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Those pesky one tenth scale litterers, ruining our lovely woodlands. Nice one Bishop, doing Gods work.  😀

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

1 user thanked author for this post.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Life’s full of sacrifices like take a new truck to a beach to see how it handles:

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

not been on a while so missed a lot of this, not a big military fan but this is damn good, love the Bishop barrel pics too, made me smile

Al..

1 user thanked author for this post.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

not been on a while so missed a lot of this, not a big military fan but this is damn good, love the Bishop barrel pics too, made me smile

Al..

I’m not a military fan either(pro-war) , only find them fascinating.
    Bishop is a peaceful guy. Bought the decommissioned M548 in a surplus auction. He wanted a grocery getter that stood out in the middle of the SUVs in the parking lot 🙂

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

A friend gave me a scale CB radio from Shapeways for my Unimog. The thing is that I never mounted it and it sat for a while in the shelf. But the M548 it’s also perfect for it. So, I’ve finished it.

The radio was painted black, including inside with nail laquer for the light don’t bleed out(more on that later)

Need the mic so I did a quick one on PVC, the round part was achieved pressing a bearing against the pvc. The rest was dremel and sanding

Some thin cable wrapped around a wire could make a scale spiral cable?

I think so:

All assembled:

So, there’s a LED behind and drilled 1mm holes on the front for the light pass through. In place:

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nicely done, I love tiny lights.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Nicely done, I love tiny lights.

Thanks, there’s some more lights :

IMG_20180805_145912

Did all lighting. Headlights, taillights and dash. Leds look good but this it’s the first time i had patience to mount some. It’s one of those things i avoid 🙂

I’ll show as soon as got better photos

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

more:

These LEDs were a PITA to mount. When I did the rear section,didn’t thought in practicability to mount lights. But was doable:

It’s a printed taillight with a real piece of stoplight inside 🙂

Headlights and winch:

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

You guys don’t imagine for how long I’m waiting for that extra bit of patience to fit the weatherstripping in the windows and then, the wipers

38932990_302804523618143_1464551597026574336_n

first 3 are done

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.