Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds M548 tracked cargo truck

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 109 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

There’s some awesome work going into this, those tools are unreal (or, in fact, very real!)

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

There’s some awesome work going into this, those tools are unreal (or, in fact, very real!)

Thanks..yes, there’s a lot of work and it’s only halfway 🙂 . But it’s not actually work because I’ve enjoyed doing everything. It’s my escape from everyday life

This time,the task was making the hooks for the canvas. Was thinking in buying those tiny hooks for bras but then, i preferred to try do my won, only to see how it could look

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

small update:

Gear lever:

goes next to the dash:

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Well,the looks are important but it also has to move so I’ve made the hubs for the traction wheels:

quick mockup:

have to print the rest of the road wheels….

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

The M548’s axe put to work

IMG_20180624_182932

IMG_20180624_182805

IMG_20180624_182615

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

One of the 10 road wheels:

What this will be?

there’s more than one kind of stack for this model. I went with this because it’s easier to add real smoke in the future

This one is for the intake:

Also made the bezels (?) around the stacks like the 1:1

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Superb details, this is just getting better and better!

1 user thanked author for this post.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Quick mockup

Next stage:

metal on the floor for whatever reason

Detail,those are M2s

All assembled:

were made in 4mm stainless steel rod, TIG welded and the brackets are from 12mm square tubing. Ran out of M2 nuts in the middle of the assembly

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Not really an update..

I was thinking to put a sound generator so I had to search how a M548 sounded like. I was expecting a big diesel truck sound but…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDY3GwjrO0

…holy cow, it’s like 100 angels riding chainsaws

By the way, this is the only footage i’ve found of a M548 going fast:

Talking about motors, adapted the 2nd one to the gearbox. The first was straightforward, this one was harder

Next stage is assemble everything and setup the radio again now with twin motors,twin ESCs and 1 battery

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

I think, without a exhaust pipe every motor sound like you describe it.

Wich soundmodule you prefer?

Btw: nice bending-work

Regards

Ralf

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Wich soundmodule you prefer?

Btw: nice bending-work

Thanks,was fun to do… about the soundmodule, I gave up on that. don’t find any cheap sound module. I bought a smoke generator,,though

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

But speaking of sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-LzyysaeVU

first test. not everything is working properly. Sometimes I lose the reverse on one ESC

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi scale people…

Turned my attention to the tailgate now. Added the steel tow cable with all it’s mounts

Sure it will look better all painted(and without excess glue) but i want to show it earlier. For the curious, there’s aluminium for the half circles and hooks , copper on the middle mount, brass on the cable ends and the cable itself it’s steel(a bike brake cable)

raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Nice work.</p>
    ———-

I know two Soundmodules.

„Ess One“

One great box. Sound very well for this little box

and

The Beier-Module

https://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/produkte/usm-rc-2/usm-rc-2.php?sprache=gb

Great sound lib but for own sounds too. And extremly flexible with tons of possibilities to switch lights and motors etc.

Cheap? No, but worth every cent.

Regards

Ralf

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I had a small experience with the ESS. Sounded good enough but I just listened one of paid sounds so it was better than the free stock sounds

The beier costs twice the ESS but the specs are great. But I’m afraid of spending that amount of money and not listen the sounds. Have you saw the video of the first test? This thing it’s loud 🙂

Another stage:

Working on the ring mount and legs for the .50.It’s a notorious feature that had to include..

The ring it’s a 2 piece part that I’ve machined earlier. Could do it in 1 piece but this way, rotates 360º.

First, the front legs

Then,could do the rear ones

The asymmetry on these is on purpose.For some reason the 1:1 it’s like this…

Waited to next day to allow to epoxy to harden and added reinforcements,steps and cleaned the “welds”

Only needs a bit of sanding,colour and better looking(and shorter bolts). I think I’m doing the .50’s mount next…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.