Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds M548 tracked cargo truck

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 109 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Coming along very nicely and you’re right, I had no idea it was that big!  This is going to be incredible.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Coming along very nicely and you’re right, I had no idea it was that big! This is going to be incredible.

Thanks. It’s big but still real 1/10.It’s to look correct next to my Unimog although they look different scales when next each other
    The bad thing is that 1/10 it’s an odd scale for a tank. Almost everything is 1/14

Had the chance to make the hull. Had to bent a 0.8mm aluminium sheet and now with the angle grinder I’m making the last bends. Rivets to hold the corners and epoxy to reinforce

The truck it’s very dirty because of handling it at the shop to fit the hull

Front:

Bottom:

Gearboxes in place:

Not having the “hull” done, delayed progressing on the body. With the hull, everything is figured out.

Another view of it,to show better how much space it has for transmission and eletronic

mAh for days….(actually, I’ll use only 1 battery, 2 if the stress it’s too much)

Was planing to do these “fenders” as part of the hull but they were looking bad:

This section was also to be in aluminium but because the hull is removable, there will be gaps showing, so I enclosed it in PVC. Now it’s easier to add details

Then, made this bulkhead(?) with service panels for the engine

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

This time didn’t do much visible. Lots of sanding and trimming. The most visible chance was the floor of the cargo bay. Had the piece cut from the beginning and now it found it’s place

First, some reinforcements :
    I

Then, a kind of hatch to change batteries:

Maybe some magnets to close properly:

Tailgate on:

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This is coming along great!

Is that Foamex you’re using? It looks thicker and different to Styrene. I just noticed your curved rear window part and it makes me think I might attempt to do the same thing to make the curved cab-back for a D90 pick-up..

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

This is coming along great!

Is that Foamex you’re using? It looks thicker and different to Styrene. I just noticed your curved rear window part and it makes me think I might attempt to do the same thing to make the curved cab-back for a D90 pick-up..

Thanks! This stuff has several names like Komacel. Is pvc sheet. It’s easier to find here and i prefer it over styrene for larger parts. Has a disadvantage of not liking strong sunlight

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Well, I can’t leave the truck unattended…Seriously,cat?

I was figuring out how to close the doors. Seems to work this way:

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well, at least the cat only slept in it and didn’t mistake it for a litter tray 😉

Jamie tee
    Jamie tee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well, at least the cat only slept in it and didn’t mistake it for a litter tray 😉

Give it time 😂

1 user thanked author for this post.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

With this cat, everything is possible :). This situation could be worse with me other cat.6.5kg of love and fur

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I wasn’t liking the squareness of the rear. Looking at more photos, realize that was a mistake. Redone it with angled sides:

Got the cushions for the seats:

The footrests:

And the levers to steer:

Tried running a gearbox on the hull. The gearbox is loud and the metal hull amplify that. Guess I’m not needing a sound generator 🙂

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi,

I had trouble solving how to do these small mounts for straps:

Well,the easier way was designing them and print:

This mounts are for holding tools on the 1:1. An axe, picaxe,sledgehammer and shovel. Quit of doing the picaxe because there wasn’t enough space for it

First one:

Second:

Third:

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Superb detail.. love the tools.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes great details, very impressive work.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Superb detail.. love the tools.

Yes great details, very impressive work.

Thanks guys!

off to work,now to the small opening under the tailgate:

The real one opens but I kept it shut, more simple and allows more space inside:

Only the D-rings are 3d printed. Something new to me because it’s printed in one piece but they rotate

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

glued the roof and did the opening of the hatch

When the windows were cut, didn’t notice that the real ones they weren’t square. Small detail but bothered me lately…

So I chamfered the top corners

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.