Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BedfordLab
      • Looking For Mud

Very nice

ScaleAddict
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Very nice

Thanks!

Tried something new: making leaf springs

Had this old chainsaw rewind that has the same width as the leafs I’m replacing but it’s 0.40mm thick,instead of 0.65mm. The steel itself is different because, although the difference in thickness is small, the new leafs are much softer

Seems to flex nice. It just needs shock mounts on the chassis to hold a pair of 70mm shocks to help the leafs

How the truck looks at the moment:

ScaleAddict
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

This time, painted the fuel tank so it can be mounted . The tank also hides the switch for the ISDT ESC

Underside

ScaleAddict
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Seems so close to finish but still far…

Added 2 things:

A little mesh on the bumper to step on

Designed this cab back to close the hole left by changing to the tray bed. Well, the hole is there with the standard bed but hidden

ScaleAddict
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

I’m working on a exhaust in steel tube. Need to add the muffler in the middle and find a way to hold it

video

ScaleAddict
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

My plan was to hide the battery on a tray under the seats. Closing the rear of the cab killed that idea. Now, I’ve made these boxes to hide the battery and it’s easier to swap them

ScaleAddict
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

The KingKong gearbox isn’t really made for these builds. Even with the epoxy reinforcements and helicoils, the threads on one side loosen up constantly. Was trying to add a printed part to hold the weight of the motor and all that handling stripped the threads(this truck even leave the house!).Explained the situation to the company and they are sending a replacement .

But I can’t wait so got the original Unimog gearbox and fits.

The gearbox needs a spacer to avoid cutting the shaft and with guides to center everything. Decided to do that integrated on the actual chassis mount:

This spare Boom Racing shaft has the perfect length !

The old gearbox had the scale looks but this one is growing on me. Reminds me of those old school builds. And has 1:9 ratio instead of 1:18 so it will have plenty of wheelspeed. If it withstood the heavy Unimog 6×6, I’m sure it can handle this truck

ScaleAddict
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

Now, something I’ve been stuck for a while. I just couldn’t 3d model inner fenders. Never looked right. Tried for the JK and quit(I’m scratchbuilding them now) but took another chance on the LC70. Copied the shape of the rails to be super tight and it’s held with just 2 screws.

Printed them out of TPU and did some experiments with sandpaper to mimic that plastic inner fender look. Assembled, doesn’t look so bad. Maybe sandblasting gives a more uniform texture

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.