Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Large Russian Truck (MAZ 535)

This topic contains 199 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    laters
    laters
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Steve is correct you need to use some brass bushings in one of the selector sliders, I glue them in even though they are a tight fit.

I bought a truck that someone had used ball bearings in the selector slider and the bearings had failed/come apart. Easy fix and I got the truck cheap because of the fault.

Every 3 speed Ive built for the trucks gets bearings everywhere else except the slider as its rotational speed is more or less the same as the shaft it slides on & that’s on bearings at each end so they end up spinning at the same relative speed.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks for the tips on the bearings fella’s will bear it in mind when I come to building it up ::thumpsup::

More photo’s from Dready, as he promised, really starting to look like something now.

IMG_8017_zpsapdf66xl.jpg

IMG_8018_zpskmm1actv.jpg

IMG_8019_zps8hryd7bi.jpg

IMG_8020_zpsz1pqiwfc.jpg

must get the Mog finished so I can start on the chassis for this :blush:

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

mental :jawdrop:

Jamie tee
    Jamie tee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

very very cool B) Dready is the man :worthy:

taff1969
    taff1969
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice work on that shell Mr. Dready. I’m sure Pete will do it justice ::thumpsup::

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    bill wrote:
    mental :jawdrop:
    Jamie tee wrote:
    very very cool B) Dready is the man :worthy:
    taff1969 wrote:
    Nice work on that shell Mr. Dready. I’m sure Pete will do it justice ::thumpsup::

I am so glad I commissioned Dready to do this shell as I couldn’t have done half as nice a job in 4x the time :(

here’s a couple more pictures from the master.

IMG_8022_zps61v7xgfh.jpg

IMG_8021_zpse72dblwj.jpg

I have ordered the steel for the chassis and started doodling ideas for the transfer boxes. Oh and learned how to take a kyosho centre diff apart (Not hitting with a hammer :whistle: ) to salvage the disk brakes from it.

Neil
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Pete You might want to cut the vey lowest part of the front valance off.
    Im not sure how youll do the front bumper so built the piece that goes behind it anyway.
    Gives you another option.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cheers, I will be aiming for a stock bumper (straight steel girder :P ) with no winch, so having the panel will be great.

Scoobysport
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Oh and learned how to take a kyosho centre diff apart (Not hitting with a hammer :whistle: ) to salvage the disk brakes from it.

LOL best laugh ever :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Scoobysport wrote:
    Oh and learned how to take a kyosho centre diff apart (Not hitting with a hammer :whistle: ) to salvage the disk brakes from it.

LOL best laugh ever :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

yeah yeah, how did it go put half of diff in vice and (gently :whistle: ) tap the output with a hammer and drift, hit it again harder (as it must be held in place buy an internal c clip), nope that don’t work, hit a it again even even harder, still no movement :angry: . Take from vice and turn it over and the gear drops on floor, and the scouser bursts out laughing :pinch: . Turns out the quite thick diff oil was holding the gear in so it wouldn’t pull out (or fall out initially) ::doh::

Anyway enough of that latest update from Dready ::thumpsup:: .

One coat of primer and no filler :ohmy:

IMG_8046_zpsgama9ud1.jpg

IMG_8047_zpszp92vu25.jpg

IMG_8048_zpse56zk5qi.jpg

IMG_8049_zpsc4bcipn4.jpg

IMG_8050_zpsqcxozqvs.jpg

IMG_8051_zps1m6fiqv6.jpg

IMG_8052_zpsklk9dtf9.jpg

I have to say it looks fantastic and really can’t wait till I can get my hands on it.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Too good! Just unreal. Very impressive work, can’t wait to see it complete and in action.

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Have to say that is damn good to be able to get those vents and such all as close matching as he has done, just by hand and not machine.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Retrocosm wrote:
    Too good! Just unreal. Very impressive work, can’t wait to see it complete and in action.

I am looking forward to seeing it running it too :P

Oh How Original wrote:
    Have to say that is damn good to be able to get those vents and such all as close matching as he has done, just by hand and not machine.

I am constantly impressed by the speed and detail of Dready’s work, which is why I commissioned this shell from him ::thumpsup::

Have collected a few more bits of the puzzle of the last couple of days.

One used and slightly modified RC4WD R3 2 speed transmission, to be further modified into a 2 speed transfer box with PTO. (many thanks to Muddydisco)

20160121_194310_zpsgtajmlge.jpg

4 internally sprung shocks from planedeals via the bay for the front suspension

20160121_193841_zpsl8wfce2y.jpg

Some small brass hinges for making some opening doors and hatches.

20160121_193853_zpsnofhljgt.jpg

and some metal to make the chassis,

The chassis on this looks like this

065_zpszj1wc3sn.gif

So I got a piece of 25mm x 25mm box section cut it to length and split it in half.

20160121_193648_zps031jehgt.jpg

20160121_193751_zpsbdbaazqi.jpg

and because this should be a heavy and solid chassis I went for a 3mm wall thickness, this isn’t going to bend in a hurry 👿

20160121_193822_zps6gdtbnre.jpg

for the lower section I acquired, from work, some 1.5mm thick stainless sheet and cut three strips from it. I still need to cut the two sides in to sections to clear the suspension, but I haven’t had a chance to measure how much needs removing for each axle and from where.

20160121_193645_zpszwu1jbih.jpg

Also the shell is currently in the hands of the courier as it wings it way to be from Dready, so providing it survives the trip I should have it in my hands very soon ::drool::

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Made a tiny bit of progress today,

Made up some mounting plates for the 4 EXO gearboxes. Had to form an indent in each one to clear the crown wheel, nothing a large screwdriver and a hammer couldn’t solve :)

20160124_172927_zpszns6d85r.jpg

20160124_172908_zpsahzqvbf6.jpg

Also pulled the R3 gearbox to bits and did some preliminary calculations and I can make it work for center transfer box giving me two speed with a P.T.O for driving the winch ::thumpsup::

chris d
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Looking good pete

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.