Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Large Russian Truck (MAZ 535)

This topic contains 199 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    4WheelRC wrote:
    That interior is ace ::thumb::

Thanks, I am rather pleased with how well it came out. ::thumb::

More detailing done,

DSCF5378_zps1nzxrssz.jpg

DSCF5379_zpsy84wwp0p.jpg

DSCF5380_zps3qp1r1sw.jpg

DSCF5381_zpscyhq60by.jpg

DSCF5382_zpsnruezjjn.jpg

DSCF5383_zpspd2ugiho.jpg

Paint is drying on the the wipers and I need to put the steps on the passenger side. Then the electrics can go back in, after that I can rework the rear tray a bit and add some accessories and she will finally be done ;)

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

And you said you can’t do styrene ;-) It’s really looking the part. Had the Ural out at the LSTR today and you were right – it’s nowhere near as big as I thought. The MAZ will absolutely dwarf it.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    And you said you can’t do styrene ;-) It’s really looking the part. Had the Ural out at the LSTR today and you were right – it’s nowhere near as big as I thought. The MAZ will absolutely dwarf it.

Cheers Sir, I can do small bit’s of styrene just not so good at the big bits ;-)

How well did the Ural go?

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Pete Attryde wrote:

Really good top end and lots of control at the low end ::thumb:: Super stable – especially traverse and downhills. Tyres let it down on steep uphills that the Skeleton J2 just ate up. Long gap between front and rear tyres is it’s real weakness, and why a beast 1 would own it.

I love it though ::cool

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Pete Attryde wrote:

Really good top end and lots of control at the low end ::thumb:: Super stable – especially traverse and downhills. Tyres let it down on steep uphills that the Skeleton J2 just ate up. Long gap between front and rear tyres is it’s real weakness, and why a beast 1 would own it.

Back wheels want to be where the middle ones are. :whistle:

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    mark wrote:
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Pete Attryde wrote:

Back wheels want to be where the middle ones are. :whistle:

Don’t tell me it’s wheelbase is too long ::lolz

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Pete Attryde wrote:
    Don’t tell me it’s wheelbase is too long ::lolz

If I want to compete against RcBitz/Martin’s Beast then… yes ::doh:: It’s not good for much more than trails in stock form ::rolleye Does turn pretty well though, for something that long.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

between work and man flu I have been doing little bits and bobs to this, got the mirrors made and installed along with the wipers, also got most of the electrics back in, just waiting on a special do hickey from Al (Heyok Performance) to solve a minor issue, I also need to make some rear light clusters.

DSCF5384_zpsaeakpwwj.jpg

DSCF5385_zpstkxhmla6.jpg

DSCF5390_zpspwzan1pl.jpg

I have also re-made the rear bed and painted it to suit.

DSCF5388_zpshfg1kqk3.jpg

DSCF5386_zpsv8qco92m.jpg

Next up is to lower the rear ride height slightly and then maybe make some scale bits for the bed. Hopefully the weather will improve soon and I can get some shots of it in the wild.

More soon,

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, that’s fantastic. Is it still going to haul a truck in the back?

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    mark wrote:
    Wow, that’s fantastic. Is it still going to haul a truck in the back?

Cheers Mark,

Probably not I am thinking more along the lines of a big portable generator, and other large equipment that could be used at a disaster site.

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Does look amazing :wow: Need to paint the slats on the Jeep Chief too, so just ordered some Hobbyline maroon wood stain (from here). Can I ask what you used on yours? If mine tanks I might need the contingency…

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Does look amazing :wow: Need to paint the slats on the Jeep Chief too, so just ordered some Hobbyline maroon wood stain (from here). Can I ask what you used on yours? If mine tanks I might need the contingency…

It’s from Wickes, it’s Teak exterior furniture finish here:-Wood Paint Stuff

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thank you. Hmm. I think that looks better than what I ordered. Will see how I get on… Thanks again!

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Thank you. Hmm. I think that looks better than what I ordered. Will see how I get on… Thanks again!

Your welcome ::thumb::

Tiny bit done today.

Closed in the underside of the bed and made a rear panel. just need to finish making the light buckets and wire them up.

DSCF5394_zpspv5fjdqx.jpg

DSCF5393_zpsh62gpxan.jpg

:crazy:

Neil
    Neil
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks ace Pete, little bit of ageing perhaps just to take the shine off and you won’t be able to tell it from a real one

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 200 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.