Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Landrover 101FC scx10 II chassis

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Earthlab-driver 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Earthlab-driver
    Earthlab-driver
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

well been a bit busy making a new shell for my scx10 ii builders kit. also included a ESS Dual sound unit for effect 🙂 still got a few things to finish, lights, weathering ect… so will post more soon..

DSC01916work1 013DSC01944DSC02017IMG_20190211_195059work1 051DSC02086

models :) and yet more models  ..... and some other stuff for making models :)

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That body looks superb, I really like it, great details.  Do you plan to drop the ride height a little?

M and M
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Loving the concept and details.. great work..would like to see more

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, that one came out of nowhere! fantastic body there, the camo paint looks really good too, it’s hard to get that to look right but you’ve done a great job.

I agree with Retrocosm, it looks a little high at the moment – you’re gonna have troubles side-hilling with that 🙂

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
    JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Very nicely done! That paint job is excellent. Wish I had the confidence with styrene to scratch build like this.

Earthlab-driver
    Earthlab-driver
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

still got a few things to do and yes I will be dropping the ride height of the body, had it set that high to have a little play 🙂

still  working on the cab interior right now and as I have 3 other shells being made up for my son and his friend I’m work quite fast to to try and finish this one.

This is the second shell I’ve ever made although I’ve been a modeller for over 30 years

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

cool start

Earthlab-driver
    Earthlab-driver
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

more done, some weathering done.. lowerd body made window frame and glazed them, lights fitted to front and rear 3 d printed some tow hitches..LRFC101LRFC101 front

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

very nice…even has the wheel steps

Rob Smith
    • Looking For Mud

That’s truly fantastic, having owned a GS version of a 101fc and currently looking to get into crawling that has wet my appetite incredibly, great job 🙂

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I love that, it looks fantastic, really great job.

Earthlab-driver
    Earthlab-driver
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Thanks all for the positive comments, feeling better now as was only my second build for crawling.. been more of a model aircraft guy in past… trying to translate my old building skills into rc cars now.. 3d print ..CNC ect, and wow is it fun.

who said 52 was too old to develop new skills

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.