Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Other Scale Projects Kassbohrer Flex Mobil

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

Following my post for tracked vehicle help, I had a bit of a google, rummage through the rammel drawer and while Ms C was on a work thing I ensconced myself in the man cave with a cheeky beer or 2….

Optional back removed

Cover removed….do I cut the red or black? always red… or black, blue, yellow, green?
    James Bond made it look so easy 😀

Not sure exactly what this does. I made something at school similar…it lit a bulb and made a buzzer buzz!

After a while of plugging bits in and swapping things round, I had some flashing lights, a puff of smoke and a funny smell. So I started again….

wired a separate ESC to each motor, plugged one into throttle and one to steering channel and I have independent track control, strange using wheel as a throttle!!
    ordered 2 cheap ESCs and mocked up ‘heath robinson like’

I have a spare receiver for my DX7 from my helis and plan to stick ESCs in so each stick controls respective track..well that’s the theory 😀

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

Brilliant stuff! That thing looks mint considering it’s 30-odd years old. It would be well worth trying to get the original PCB up and running as I read this has a working 2kg winch as well as the lights and movement – guessing there would be complications due to the Tx/Rx set up though. Way beyond my limited bodging ability.

I spy a familiar shell in the background, it must be hard keeping ‘track’ of all your builds 😉

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

Brilliant stuff! That thing looks mint considering it’s 30-odd years old. It would be well worth trying to get the original PCB up and running as I read this has a working 2kg winch as well as the lights and movement – guessing there would be complications due to the Tx/Rx set up though. Way beyond my limited bodging ability. I spy a familiar shell in the background, it must be hard keeping ‘track’ of all your builds ?

Cheers pal!

The winch has its own motor mounted up front, so assuming I get the tracks working properly, I’ll order another ESC to wire to the winch.

Winch cable pulls out and motor winds it back so I can set a channel up to a switch on the DX7, off its static and on itll wind back in!! 😀

Well spotted on the build lurking in the background!! Good job you cant see the rest of the room :O 😀 😀

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Crawler Pro

thats pretty cool, looks very Gerry Anderson too.. is that body going back on?

Al..

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

thats pretty cool, looks very Gerry Anderson too.. is that body going back on? Al..

Cheers 😀

I hadn’t thought but agree with the Gerry Anderson look! 🙂

The plan is original cab is going back on but undecided on the rear as yet. I think some flashing beacons or warning strobes….

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

I was racking my noggin to remember what film I had seen these in (or something like it) – it was The Thing, both the 1982 original and the not quite so good 2011 prequel

Not really enough detail or individuality there to try and emulate them. I believe they are Thiokol Spryte snowcats, a goggle search came up with some cool images though

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

I think I saw the thing 82 version… albeit 30 years ago and maybe behind a cushion at times, holding it for my little sister of course 😀

Love the Google images of the spryte, reminiscent of an old dozer I had the misfortune to drive

Made a plate for the ESCs to sit on, cut and soldered wires and connected motors, tidied up less ‘heath Robinson’

Fitted receiver, wired up and set up DX7….left stick runs left track, right stick runs right track 😀

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

Nice work sir! I bet there’s fun to be had with one stick up and one stick down 😀

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Crawler Pro

I absolutely love that and agree about the Gerry Anderson asthetic.  I’ve always wanted to do something Thunderbirds like.

FiMS presents RC
    FiMS presents RC
    • Up To Your Axles

That looks familiar……

See my YouTube for rc with the family, builds & more!

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

That looks familiar……

Indeed ! Hope it doesn’t offend..  It’s not a restoration anymore

ScaleAddict
    • Hitting The Trail

Hi!

you can steer more easily with a pretty unexpensive mod. Search for “Hobbywing v-tail mixer” on ebay. Ordered one, just plugged in the correct order and that’s it.  I’m running a tracked vehicle with a Flysky GT3C

Nice snowmobile, by the way

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

Thanks for the comments folks 🙂

Postman brought a parcel this afternoon……

Really impressed in speed of delivery and the patterns of the lights.

powered from receiver, sequence changed by click of a micro button switch

Once I get them fitted I’ll post a video if anyone interested

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FiMS presents RC
    FiMS presents RC
    • Up To Your Axles

That looks familiar……

Indeed ! Hope it doesn’t offend.. It’s not a restoration anymore

Lol, you crack on dude. Can’t wait this see this running round a trail.

Here’s a pic from k.b of the real thing

See my YouTube for rc with the family, builds & more!

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Crawler Pro

been busy with work recently and lots of projects on the go but Ms C away for the bank holiday finally got chance to do a bit more.

esc for the winch finally arrived and set about getting it in

flashing light bar fitted, wired winch esc up, few issues setting tx up but all done!

winch works on the gear channel, flashing lights cycle on the aux channel

few pics of run in the garden, I hope to post a video soon

all electrics fitted and soldered up

outdoor pics 🙂

crossing the bridge

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.